View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: David Blaine's Dive of Death
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:17 pm 
Penguin

What was that all about?
all that build up for nothing!
i think there was a malfunction, did anyone else see it?

...[Palmeri Magic]...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:20 pm 
Penguin

I don't think it was a malfunction. But yeah, it was pretty anti-climactic. The crowd didn't seem to like it much either. The hanging upside down thing seemed cool. But then he just bunjy jumped (sp?)!!?!??! kinda lame IMO. I think he was hoping for more drama.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:20 pm 
born to perform.

What is up with that ending?! That was the most stupid way to end the stunt. Everyone just thinks/knows (?) that it is a helicopter.

Very disappointed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:22 pm 
Penguin

I'm a David Blaine fan but that was the most pathetic thing I've ever seen. First off, 2 hours was too long. It was mostly just filler with a few decent tricks thrown in. And the build up to this so called "Dive of Death" just to see him fall a few feet on a wire... TERRIBLE.

What the heck was that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:25 pm 
Penguin

Lol. the guy who was narrating it all paused for a few minutes and just kinda said (uninthusiastically) "that was amazing. he came just short of the platform and then dissapeared." lol. i think i might have heard boos from the crowd. Whatever, David Blaine is tight, but that was pretty lame.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:31 pm 
Penguin

I think that he was actually supposed to hit the ground, but there was something wrong with the bungy.
I'm sure that David Blaine would not put a trick out there with so much build up, and have no pay-off. I'm almost positive that there must have been something wrong with the cord or something along the lines of that.

...[Palmeri Magic]...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:02 pm 
born to perform.

It's on now on the west coast. THANKS for ruining it for us! :wink:

OK, what was everyone's favorite (side) trick that he did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:20 am 
Penguin

I think the point of the dive was to actually disappear in the air...

Yeah, it was disappointing.

But I tuned in more for the street magic segments and and bullet catch, and I felt like a kid watching Street Magic again. He must have some darn fine consultants because he keeps boggling my mind with every new special. Just when I finished figuring out his old tricks, it'll take all the time until his next special to figure these ones out.

And I don't understand why my David Blaine thread was locked. It was made first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:41 am 
born to perform.

MyManD wrote:
I'd love to know how to do the visibly vanishing deck trick.

Steve Bedwell has one called Reboxed and it is excellent!
It's for sale for around $20 but I made one from his instruction tape from the 90's and it works great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:58 am 
Penguin

I will be watching it tonite on DVDr but I the best thing was on O and A this morning their intern Sam asked him , "Why do they call you the mindfreak?" He chuckled and realized he was being put on so he said, "You must be confusing me with David Copperfield" Also it was kind of a bait and switch with his taking all those breaks he should have bailed on the whole thing rather that present such a hacky stunt. I hope there is some decent magic on the show...

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:19 am 
Emperor Penguin

Blaine is on Regis now. He explained the mishap due to the winds. He meant to dive and then sweep up into the Heavens by balloons. That is why he is seen laughing and even he was like "What the..." :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:59 pm 
born to perform.

Yeah, he admitted that it was baloons that made him go up.

The magic on the sho was extremly entertaining. I got that exile trick at T11. When I saw it last night I went nuts, so having it released was sick. Sadly, a lot of the tricks he did are being released. The deck vanish will be released, the coin bend, and the match trick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:34 pm 
Penguin

Is anyone believing the balloons excuse? I don't believe it for a second. Balloons just don't make any sense. Like his crew wouldn't know there could be issues with the wind if they used balloons. Also balloons wouldn't lift him fast enough. He is covering something up.

All David Blaine's stunts suck and this was the worst. Let's not forget that he failed when doing Drowned Alive. Maybe David can go on Oprah and try this again. Pathetic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:43 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Waiting as a final load under a very large set of cups. It is dark......
KingMilo wrote:
Is anyone believing the balloons excuse? I don't believe it for a second. Balloons just don't make any sense. Like his crew wouldn't know there could be issues with the wind if they used balloons. Also balloons wouldn't lift him fast enough. He is covering something up.

All David Blaine's stunts suck and this was the worst. Let's not forget that he failed when doing Drowned Alive. Maybe David can go on Oprah and try this again. Pathetic.

Cut him some slack man. You couldn't do any of the stunts that he does. Don't disrespect him for what he does.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:07 pm 
Penguin

Bicycle12 wrote:
KingMilo wrote:

Cut him some slack man. You couldn't do any of the stunts that he does. Don't disrespect him for what he does.

I would never attempt any of David's stunts because they are stupid. Just outright boring and stupid. Every single one of David's stunts have been pretty anticlimactic.

I'm not going to cut him any slack. He has his own specials and gets paid millions to do them. It is suppose to be a top notch pro. He has failed his last two stunts. I'm not cutting him slack.