View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:53 am 
Penguin

I agree that for me it was probably his best special yet if you exclude the stunt but the majority of the viewing public is likely to see the whole show as a bust because of that. I'm just theorizing that Angel will be hurt more from this Believe show tanking than Blaine will...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:11 pm 
born to perform.

Does anybody have a link to a full video of the special? I can't find one around youtube.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:26 pm 
born to perform.

DerZauberer wrote:
Sweepingreaper4 wrote:
Why would they go to the magic castle instead? There isn't anyone decent performing there either! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you so sure about that? How often have you been there?!?

Didn't you perform there?!?!?!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:06 pm 
born to perform.

I don't understand how you say Angel will suffer more from his show being a bust rather then Blaine's show being bad too.

Blaine does 1 special a year, and he blew it. He did magic trick that we can buy for 20$. I mean really, whats so special about that? He should of did an illusion or something, just to let us know he's worth the money.

Angel's show will hurt, but not as much as you guys are saying. Keep in mind he still has a TV show and is doing GREAT with that. That is where most of the fans will see him, and that's all that matters to him. So what if his first show didn't go as planned? I'm sure it will get better, but definitely not on the level of Burton's or Copperfield's live shows.

I haven't posted in a while, and I felt that this was a place I needed to post.

Plus I got sh*t going on with my girlfriend, so I need a place to rant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:49 pm 
born to perform.

Maloney123 wrote:
I don't understand how you say Angel will suffer more from his show being a bust rather then Blaine's show being bad too.

Blaine does 1 special a year, and he blew it. He did magic trick that we can buy for 20$. I mean really, whats so special about that? He should of did an illusion or something, just to let us know he's worth the money.

Angel's show will hurt, but not as much as you guys are saying. Keep in mind he still has a TV show and is doing GREAT with that. That is where most of the fans will see him, and that's all that matters to him. So what if his first show didn't go as planned? I'm sure it will get better, but definitely not on the level of Burton's or Copperfield's live shows.

Angel DOESN'T have his TV show anymore. Word is, A&E is not going to renew his contract....For several reasons...1) His ego got too big for his own good and he trash talked A&E. And 2) The ratings slipped drastically and they felt the quality of the show declined. He bailed on them for more money with Cirque. And this Cirque show WILL bomb. However, I'm sure , eventually, there will be a court battle for the contract payout. Angel has burned a lot of bridges this past year...With A&E, with other magicians, with The Magic Castle. As far as the magic community is concerned (as a whole), Criss Angel is on his own.

Last edited by MichalAngelo on Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:52 pm 
born to perform.

MichalAngelo wrote:
Maloney123 wrote:

Angel DOESN'T have his TV show anymore. Word is, A&E is not going to renew his contract. He bailed on them for more money with Cirque. And this Cirque show WILL bomb. However, I'm sure , eventually, there will be a court battle for the contract payout. Angel has burned a lot of bridges this past year...With A&E, with other magicians, with The Magic Castle. As far as the magic community is concerned (as a whole), Criss Angel is on his own.

Itricks said Season 5 was a go. Not sure if that's correct though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:55 pm 
born to perform.

They've been filming Seaon 5, I believe. They film it like 6 months in advance. They'll show the episodes filmed, but that's it...Unless he swallows his pride and renegotiates with A&E executives, and does something to get the ratings back up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:00 pm 

Maloney123 wrote:

I cannot compare the two since I have never seen a Blaine TV special, but Blaine is seen on a major network, unlike Criss Angel's show which is on a cable station.

It doesn’t matter if a magician performed a $20.00 trick or an expensive illusion, if the end result is entertaining to the audience, then it is a success. (If you had any real knowledge about magic you'd realize this).

You bet Angel's show will hurt - the reviews are in and the majority has voted that this is one big stinker! Read the comments after the posted stories if you are still too much of a Loyal to Believe! Are you absolutely sure Criss is more interested in his little cable show than a $200,000,000 Cirque show? How are you so sure it will get better? It has been voted a stinker and they have constantly pushed the opening date. Even many of his so called Loyals are jumping ship and admitting his show sucks. I doubt very much that they can salvage this in four weeks. If you admit that it won't be at the level of a Burton or Copperfield show, then you must also concede that the show is doomed...

Why did you feel a need to post? You’re just as ignorant now as you were a few weeks ago.

This is not the forum to bring that up so take it somewhere else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:07 pm 
born to perform.

As far as what's coming in October, here's a breakdown of what's going to air...

http://www.aetv.com/search/schedule.do? ... ak&start=1

Looks like reruns, to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:03 pm 
born to perform.

MichalAngelo wrote:
As far as what's coming in October, here's a breakdown of what's going to air...

http://www.aetv.com/search/schedule.do? ... ak&start=1

Looks like reruns, to me.

Even his new episodes looked like reruns to me.... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:15 pm 
Emperor Penguin

He admits he wants to pick a useless fight because he has crap going on with his gf. :lol: Maybe she is also finally seeing the light. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:47 pm 
born to perform.

Location: France - Chuckling at funny posts - In the CPC members base
Finally, this news has made my day.

Maloney being as idiotic as usuall. Infact a big reason on why I think Blaine is so good is because he does commercial ($20) effects.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:56 pm 
born to perform.

Thanks guys.

bye

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:02 pm 
born to perform.

Location: France - Chuckling at funny posts - In the CPC members base
Yu going to kill yourself, you had a fight with your girlfriend too and loved Crisis's show epic fail'd. Don't kill yourself, your not that bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:06 pm 

ROFL
http://magic.about.com/b/2008/09/28/rea ... eviews.htm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next