View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Quantum Bender 2.0 by John Sheets
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:28 am 
Penguin

I was looking at the new David Blaine magic section, and there were a few quite a few new links. One of them was Quantum Bender 2.0 by John Sheets and is for sale for $579. I've always wanted a coin bending magic trick. So, my question is this, is the Quantum Bender 2.0 the end all of bending coin magic?

Post subject: Re: Quantum Bender 2.0 by John Sheets
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:21 pm 
born to perform.

Rozzerdog wrote:
I was looking at the new David Blaine magic section, and there were a few quite a few new links. One of them was Quantum Bender 2.0 by John Sheets and is for sale for $579. I've always wanted a coin bending magic trick. So, my question is this, is the Quantum Bender 2.0 the end all of bending coin magic?

I don't care how good or clean it is, no coin bender is worth $579 IMO. Morgans coin bender looks great to me. quantum may be better but $500 better? Morgans is the opener or the closer (always mix em up!)

Post subject: Re: Quantum Bender 2.0 by John Sheets
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:36 am 
born to perform.

Sweepingreaper4 wrote:
I don't care how good or clean it is, no coin bender is worth $579 IMO

The price has been reduced to $449 after 10% discount at another popular vendor site (base price $499) now.

Here's a promo video, showing exactly how it works:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYlTe-2PO90

Sheets is very open about what the product does. No cut scenes, just straight up performances. Notice that the audience is staring "at the action", and still has no clue what happened.

This is the FINAL coin bender you'll ever purchase, so yes it's worth $449. You'll literally be using it for 30+ years before you'll need a replacement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:48 am 
born to perform.

so is the pen the bender or does he hold the pen there only as misdirection while he uses a seperate bender?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:34 am 
born to perform.

elipark wrote:
so is the pen the bender or does he hold the pen there only as misdirection while he uses a seperate bender?

Can't answer that one man, would be exposure. Sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:33 pm 
Penguin

So, it's the Boa except it costs $450 more?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:02 pm 
born to perform.

Look into Morgan Strebler's stuff. Check out Spun, the opener and the closer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:38 pm 
born to perform.

$450 to make me look like I have real metal bending superpowers? ...as impressive as it is i'd rather have $450 of other good quality useful books, tricks etc. and a not exactly as visual coin bend... :?

errrm does anyone actually own the quantum bender? and if yes do you believe it costs the maker over $100 to make the gimmick if there is one?

Post subject: Thanks for the valuable input
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:13 pm 
Penguin

Hey guys, I just wanted to say thanks for responding to my post and all the input you gave has been very helpful in letting me make up my mind on which coin bend effect I would like to add to my collection. I have numerous coin effects, but not a single coin bend, and for $499 I could put that money into buying either the Superman Coin Bend, BOA Coin Bend, or get that new DVD from Daniel Garcia Bent/Touch/Slink and then still have plenty left over to stock up on other items.

So once again, thank you all for your valuable input :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:41 pm 
born to perform.

akirafist wrote:
elipark wrote:

Can't answer that one man, would be exposure. Sorry.

hmm, yeh i suppose that's true. sorry about that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:34 pm 
born to perform.

^ the sharpie the spectator marks the coin with has special molten magma ink inside it ;)

(kidding...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:04 am 
Penguin

check out "Coinvexed" by David Penn. I've started out with the Closer, but now I'm using this instead. Comes with a practical gimmick as well

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:18 am 
born to perform.

sebishungry wrote:
errrm does anyone actually own the quantum bender? and if yes do you believe it costs the maker over $100 to make the gimmick if there is one?

I've had it for a while, paid $525 at Penguin for the thing. Gotten several gigs as well from people who were passing around the coin, showing it to their friends/colleagues. So it's already paid for itself.

Post subject: End of ALL coin bends
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:50 pm 
born to perform.

The Quantum Bender is the END OF ALL COIN BENDERS. John priced it so high because he doesn't want everyone to have one. So the only people who will purchase them are the people who are very serious about it and once you get it, you will get the money back tenfold from the gigs you are hired for from your QB.

John won a competition in Denver, Co at the radio station for performing the QB. A lot of magicians showed up but John did his one coin bend and won back stage passes to Criss Angel's show. A one on one session with him. VIP to several clubs where he was hanging out with Usher, etc.

To be honest, I'm glad everyone doesn't have one. I'm glad everyone thinks you can accomplish the same effect with a pre-bent coin or a boa. Just don't get mad when you lose a competition or don't get hired for a gig because another magician bent a signed coin.

Post subject: Re: End of ALL coin bends
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:39 pm 
born to perform.

benji11 wrote:
The Quantum Bender is the END OF ALL COIN BENDERS. John priced it so high because he doesn't want everyone to have one. So the only people who will purchase them are the people who are very serious about it and once you get it, you will get the money back tenfold from the gigs you are hired for from your QB.

John won a competition in Denver, Co at the radio station for performing the QB. A lot of magicians showed up but John did his one coin bend and won back stage passes to Criss Angel's show. A one on one session with him. VIP to several clubs where he was hanging out with Usher, etc.

To be honest, I'm glad everyone doesn't have one. I'm glad everyone thinks you can accomplish the same effect with a pre-bent coin or a boa. Just don't get mad when you lose a competition or don't get hired for a gig because another magician bent a signed coin.

If this thing gets you backstage with Criss Angel, I'm decided.

Forget that piece of crap!