View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:48 pm 
Team Penguin

Any level...all it takes is the practice and effort.

I spent half a year mastering card manipulation back when I was about 15 (before I discovered my nack for comedy magic). I can do all the moves...I just don't do it anymore though...it isn't my style.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:17 pm 
Penguin

I went to a magic show in melbourne about a year ago and Jeff McBride was there, (as well as Eugene Burger, Lennart Green, Shawn Farquhar, and others). It was the show that got me into magic. Before that night I had no idea who Jeff Mcbride was but now I know how priveliged I was to see him. He performed a routine where he got a small kid, 7 or 8 years old, out of the audience, and was producing coins from behind his ear and lot's of other places. What struck me was how dependant on the kid being a quick learner the routine was and yet it went flawlessly, without Jeff or the kid saying a word to one another, he got an amazing performance out of the kid, and communicated exactly what he wanted him to do. That was an amazing thing to witness, as I know that kid is out there with a very deeply cherished memory of that night. And as Jeff said to him, "You made them smile and laugh and that's real magic". What a magician. What a human being. If anyone reading this knows Jeff McBride, please thank him for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:20 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Just for future reference, StKildaFan, the routine you described is "Miser's Dream", and a version of it can be found in J.B. Bobo's Modern Coin Magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:57 pm 
Penguin

do his art of card manipulation dvd's teach how to do the... Drop a fan, produce a new one. throw a card produce a new one.. and on and on? the thing that he dod near the end with cards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:37 pm 
born to perform.

The spinning and bouncing are on his "Zoom, Bounce, and Fly" DVD. Everything else is on the Art of Card Manipulation.

-JT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:33 am 
Penguin

adjones wrote:
Just for future reference, StKildaFan, the routine you described is "Miser's Dream", and a version of it can be found in J.B. Bobo's Modern Coin Magic.

Although I believe Jeff's routine is called "The Magician's Apprentice".

He teaches some great Miser's Dream/Ariel Treasury routines (one of them very sneakily easy) across his DVDs, and I think with Ammar is one of the best teachers you can have.

I got the first manipulation DVD after I broke my hand in a motorcycle accident as a fancy exercise routine (and because ever since I was a kid I wanted to backpalm cards!); that got me into magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:48 pm 
Team Penguin

SwankyG wrote:
adjones wrote:

Although I believe Jeff's routine is called "The Magician's Apprentice".

He teaches some great Miser's Dream/Ariel Treasury routines (one of them very sneakily easy) across his DVDs, and I think with Ammar is one of the best teachers you can have.

I got the first manipulation DVD after I broke my hand in a motorcycle accident as a fancy exercise routine (and because ever since I was a kid I wanted to backpalm cards!); that got me into magic.

Ammar? Where did he come from?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:44 pm 
born to perform.

He mentioned him as a comparison, saying that McBride and Ammar are both excellent teachers, which is true.

-JT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:45 pm 
born to perform.

I saw Jeff McBride when I was 3 years old

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:37 am 
Penguin

fletch7777777 wrote:
do his art of card manipulation dvd's teach how to do the... Drop a fan, produce a new one. throw a card produce a new one.. and on and on? the thing that he dod near the end with cards

Split fan productions, and yes, they are. The Card Manipulation DVD's are very extensive, lots of ground covered, lots of great material.

Post subject: Re: Jeff McBride
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:27 am 
born to perform.

i was looking at his wiki the other day, and it says he is neo-pegan, does he do witchcraft?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:43 pm 
born to perform.

Well it's been a WHILE since I was here...

I started this thread a few years ago and it had a new post less than a month ago!

To answer the question, I don't believe he practices witchcraft, but he seems to be interested very much not only in his own religion, but world religion and cultures as well.

-JT

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:59 pm 
Penguin

Mr McBride has truly been my biggest inspiration in magic. Not only does he teach his skillful magic so well, he also shares so many greater secrets of magic. Magic is more than the "moves"... Mr Jeff McBride really understands to teach this!

Thank you sir!