View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:37 am 
Penguin

he's just a guy that wants to entertain people.

No he's a hack who has to rely on tv editing and makes unrealistic expectations on the layperson for real working magicians. That is part of why his live Vegas show is tanking because he can't recreate the "magic" he does on tv...

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:51 pm 
born to perform.

The_Deuce wrote:

No he's a hack who has to rely on tv editing and makes unrealistic expectations on the layperson for real working magicians. That is part of why his live Vegas show is tanking because he can't recreate the "magic" he does on tv...

It says clearly on his website and the cirque website that it isn't supposed to be like his tv show that's why people are not liking the show because they're expecting it to be Mindfreak on stage but it is never going to be like that and if the people that hate it even went onto either website they would know that but most people won't do that so they're missing the entire point of the show it's mainly to just entertain people and give them a chance to delve into his mind and see what his imagination is like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:07 pm 

KingOfNynex2003 wrote:
The_Deuce wrote:

It says clearly on his website and the cirque website that it isn't supposed to be like his tv show that's why people are not liking the show because they're expecting it to be Mindfreak on stage but it is never going to be like that and if the people that hate it even went onto either website they would know that but most people won't do that so they're missing the entire point of the show it's mainly to just entertain people and give them a chance to delve into his mind and see what his imagination is like.

You miss the point entirely – During Crissy’s Press releases, for the Cirque show, he promised to present magical effects unlike no other and never seen before. This was all hype, since he has not delivered and based on the reviews has no plan on delivering.
People that go to Las Vegas and buy tickets to an expensive show expect to be entertained; its not their responsibility to go to Crissy’s Fan Site and research the details of his little cable show.

Read the reviews of the Cirque Show, very few say they are disappointed that the show is unlike Mindfreak, in fact many were disturbed that Crissy actually sings his Mindfreak song in the show and many got up and left.

Before you stand up on a soapbox to defend Crissy, perhaps you should read deeper into what REAL Magicians opinions are of him, there are valid reasons to dislike this egomaniacal intellectual bigot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:39 pm 
born to perform.

DerZauberer wrote:
KingOfNynex2003 wrote:
The_Deuce wrote:

You miss the point entirely – During Crissy’s Press releases, for the Cirque show, he promised to present magical effects unlike no other and never seen before. This was all hype, since he has not delivered and based on the reviews has no plan on delivering.
People that go to Las Vegas and buy tickets to an expensive show expect to be entertained; its not their responsibility to go to Crissy’s Fan Site and research the details of his little cable show.

Read the reviews of the Cirque Show, very few say they are disappointed that the show is unlike Mindfreak, in fact many were disturbed that Crissy actually sings his Mindfreak song in the show and many got up and left.

Before you stand up on a soapbox to defend Crissy, perhaps you should read deeper into what REAL Magicians opinions are of him, there are valid reasons to dislike this egomaniacal intellectual bigot.

I met him on October 11th, 2008 and he said that he's trying as hard as he can to get those illusions that he promised into the show and it should be ready by the 31st of October it's just like any of us who try to learn a new trick that isn't ready yet.

Like say for instance NFW you wouldn't want to show it to people if you haven't got the moves down otherwise they'll see how it's done and I'm not standing on a soapbox trying to defend him he's pretty much the only illusionist on tv right now since Blaine has only made about 6 shows in his entire time on tv (I haven't researched that I'm just guessing).

but who cares what he does to achieve these illusions you're acting like it's a crime against humanity to use camera editing when it really doesn't matter what he does and even though most of us can see right through his illusions doesn't mean that it's bad it's just like Blaine using massively simple tricks that pretty much any magician can see through it doesn't make them any less amazing they get the same reactions when Criss does his illusions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:57 pm 

KingOfNynex2003 wrote:
DerZauberer wrote:
KingOfNynex2003 wrote:
The_Deuce wrote:

I met him on October 11th, 2008 and he said that he's trying as hard as he can to get those illusions that he promised into the show and it should be ready by the 31st of October it's just like any of us who try to learn a new trick that isn't ready yet.

Just like any of us? Who are you kidding? Are you a professional performer? If these so-called promised illusions have been in the works ever since the inception of this train wreck, what makes you think 2 or 3 weeks will make a difference?

Like say for instance NFW you wouldn't want to show it to people if you haven't got the moves down otherwise they'll see how it's done

You don’t need to tell me about practicing magic before it’s performed to an audience; I have been practicing the Art of Magic for well over 33 years.

and I'm not standing on a soapbox trying to defend him he's pretty much the only illusionist on tv right now since Blaine has only made about 6 shows in his entire time on tv (I haven't researched that I'm just guessing).

Just because is the only “illusionist” on TV right now doesn’t necessarily mean he is any good.

but who cares what he does to achieve these illusions you're acting like it's a crime against humanity to use camera editing when it really doesn't matter what he does and even though most of us can see right through his illusions doesn't mean that it's bad it's just like Blaine using massively simple tricks that pretty much any magician can see through it doesn't make them any less amazing they get the same reactions when Criss does his illusions.

Who cares? The audience cares if they are lead to believe that what they see on TV is that exact same package they will get if they see a magician live. His constant fib, “What you see is what you get.” “I only perform what I can do live.” Is getting old and all “Working” magicians know this. It’s not nessessarily a crime against humanity but it does border the Code of Ethics that all true magicians follow. Especially when he touts himself as King of Illusionists where without his camera tricks and stooges, he lack actual Magic Skill and even a Novice Magician knows.

Yes it’s a bad thing – Crissy has single-handedly destroyed decades of trust that honest performing magicians strived to achieve performing on TV.

Like I said before - You don't get it. I suggest you do a little more Research before you attempt to argue Crissy's Case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:07 pm 
born to perform.

DerZauberer wrote:
KingOfNynex2003 wrote:
DerZauberer wrote:
KingOfNynex2003 wrote:
The_Deuce wrote:

Just like any of us? Who are you kidding? Are you a professional performer? If these so-called promised illusions have been in the works ever since the inception of this train wreck, what makes you think 2 or 3 weeks will make a difference?

Like say for instance NFW you wouldn't want to show it to people if you haven't got the moves down otherwise they'll see how it's done

You don’t need to tell me about practicing magic before it’s performed to an audience; I have been practicing the Art of Magic for well over 33 years.

and I'm not standing on a soapbox trying to defend him he's pretty much the only illusionist on tv right now since Blaine has only made about 6 shows in his entire time on tv (I haven't researched that I'm just guessing).

Just because is the only “illusionist” on TV right now doesn’t necessarily mean he is any good.

Who cares? The audience cares if they are lead to believe that what they see on TV is that exact same package they will get if they see a magician live. His constant fib, “What you see is what you get.” “I only perform what I can do live.” Is getting old and all “Working” magicians know this. It’s not nessessarily a crime against humanity but it does border the Code of Ethics that all true magicians follow. Especially when he touts himself as King of Illusionists where without his camera tricks and stooges, he lack actual Magic Skill and even a Novice Magician knows.

Yes it’s a bad thing – Crissy has single-handedly destroyed decades of trust that honest performing magicians strived to achieve performing on TV.

Like I said before - You don't get it. I suggest you do a little more Research before you attempt to argue Crissy's Case.

You know I don't know why I bother with trying to explain to you people about Criss because you guys have Blaine on a pedestal saying how he's a true magician just because he can do a better levitation than Angel (I do like his Skywalker levitation though it's pretty cool) or real magic tricks or something like on those lines it's like trying to convince you guys that the sky is green you'll never accept the fact that it isn't so I might as well just shut up and deal with your flaming towards Criss because I'll never convince you guys otherwise and besides if I say any more good things about Criss you'll probably ban me from these forums just like Steve did from the Magic Cafe for not talking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:48 pm 
born to perform.

I suspect Mr. Angel never had any of those illusions in mind that we're being told here that he's supposedly trying so hard to fit in now. You don't go live with such a large and expensive show until you've got everything built and tested. I wouldn't expect to see any illusions show up and, if some do, they will have been thrown together in desperation and not properly planned, built, tested or practiced.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:29 pm 
born to perform.

KingOfNynex,

Maybe you can't smell BS from where you sit, but the rest of us can. I'm so sure you met him last week. And I'm sure he spoke candidly with you about his performaces. You reek of BS. I will call your BS bluff and contact him myself to inquire. It being a week ago, I'm sure he will remember it. Being a former consultant of his, I have no problems getting in touch with him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:32 pm 
born to perform.

MichalAngelo wrote:
KingOfNynex,

Maybe you can't smell BS from where you sit, but the rest of us can. I'm so sure you met him last week. And I'm sure he spoke candidly with you about his performaces. You reek of BS. I will call your BS bluff and contact him myself to inquire. It being a week ago, I'm sure he will remember it. Being a former consultant of his, I have no problems getting in touch with him.

ok go ahead my name is Matthew and when I met him I was wearing my Criss Angel Ultimate Loyal Freak t-shirt with the CA logo on the front. or if you have msn my name on msn is King_Of_Nynex2003@hotmail.com or better yet here's a link to a photo of his autograph he gave to me when I met him. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1 ... =548321576 and if that isn't enough here's another photo of me with him. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1 ... =548321576 ok tell you what this is a video of me videotaping Criss at the meet & greet on Saturday October 11th, 2008 if that doesn't convince you guys that i met him nothing short of asking him yourself will convince you. http://vupload.new.facebook.com/video/v ... 9306111576 also my computer is a piece of crap that can't even handle putting music onto a dvd let alone photoshop an entire picture.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:05 pm 

Which one is Criss?!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:10 pm 
born to perform.

DerZauberer wrote:
Which one is Criss?!?

you've got to be kidding me I don't know if you're being sarcastic or serious but if you are serious it's the one on the right side of the screen nobody would think that I would be Criss I'm as everyone will probably say a fat ugly person that shouldn't be doing magic. So you might as well let the bashing begin for people making fun of me because I'd like to get it out of the way because I'm getting sick and tired of hearing the same thing over and over again how I suck and I'm an idiot and how I should've never started magic in the first place sometimes I wonder why I even bothered starting magic in the first place when most of the people I've encountered while doing magic say the most hurtful things you can hear maybe I should just stop doing magic because all it's giving me is a world of pain and frustration and my parents don't even support me when I'm learning a new trick and always say the same thing like, "You know we hate magic so why don't you stop bothering us with it?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:25 pm 

KingOfNynex2003 wrote:
DerZauberer wrote:
Which one is Criss?!?

you've got to be kidding me I don't know if you're being sarcastic or serious but if you are serious it's the one on the right side of the screen nobody would think that I would be Criss I'm as everyone will probably say a fat ugly person that shouldn't be doing magic. So you might as well let the bashing begin for people making fun of me because I'd like to get it out of the way because I'm getting sick and tired of hearing the same thing over and over again how I suck and I'm Edited and how I should've never started magic in the first place sometimes I wonder why I even bothered starting magic in the first place when most of the people I've encountered while doing magic say the most hurtful things you can hear maybe I should just stop doing magic because all it's giving me is a world of pain and frustration and my parents don't even support me when I'm learning a new trick and always say the same thing like, "You know we hate magic so why don't you stop bothering us with it?"

If magic is your passion, don't let anyone say you can't pursue it. Go for it. If you Love Criss Angel and he is your inspiration, thats fine too; but don't expect many working magicians to agree with your perspective of him. To me and many others he's a hack... Don't act hurt because we bash Crissy - The Loyals can dish it out very well and its quite entertaining to watch them attempt to form sentences...

BTW – I was being sarcastic of the photo because last I saw Angel, he looked like a homeless dude with a scruffy beard and bloodshot eyes. It’s nice to see he found a razor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:33 pm 
born to perform.

DerZauberer wrote:
KingOfNynex2003 wrote:
DerZauberer wrote:
Which one is Criss?!?

you've got to be kidding me I don't know if you're being sarcastic or serious but if you are serious it's the one on the right side of the screen nobody would think that I would be Criss I'm as everyone will probably say a fat ugly person that shouldn't be doing magic. So you might as well let the bashing begin for people making fun of me because I'd like to get it out of the way because I'm getting sick and tired of hearing the same thing over and over again how I suck and I'm Edited and how I should've never started magic in the first place sometimes I wonder why I even bothered starting magic in the first place when most of the people I've encountered while doing magic say the most hurtful things you can hear maybe I should just stop doing magic because all it's giving me is a world of pain and frustration and my parents don't even support me when I'm learning a new trick and always say the same thing like, "You know we hate magic so why don't you stop bothering us with it?"

If magic is your passion, don't let anyone say you can't pursue it. Go for it. If you Love Criss Angel and he is your inspiration, thats fine too; but don't expect many working magicians to agree with your perspective of him. To me and many others he's a hack... Don't act hurt because we bash Crissy - The Loyals can dish it out quite well and its very entertaining watching them attempt to form sentences...

BTW – I was being sarcastic of the photo because last I saw Angel, he looked like a homeless dude with a scruffy beard and bloodshot eyes. It’s nice to see he found a razor.

Well that last episode he aired on October the 1st, 2008 was actually shot in March of this year so he had a lot of time to get a good shave. And just to let you know I was joking about my parents not supporting me they actually like most of my stuff but the rest of it is true like that guy from the Heckler dvd I encounter worse people than he was acting as and it gets really tiring trying to find people who don't try to screw up my illusions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:48 pm 
born to perform.

I retract my post about your BS. :oops: I apologize. BTW...Left a voicemail for Criss. He (surprisingly) called back. He didn't remember your name, but I described you from your pic and he said "he sounds familiar", but he wasn't sure.

However, I spoke to him very briefly about the illusions in the show. This is what he told me..verbatim....

"The problem with changing the illusions in the show is that the story changes, the choreography changes, and it changes the whole d*mn production. I'd rather make what's in the show work a little better. We're working out a lot of bugs, because basically the first few shows just sucked @$$. But people are going to have to get it throught their f**king heads that this isn't TV and it's not Mindfreak."

And as for people bashing you about your looks, your weight, or why you do magic, etc...We don't need to..YOU did all that in your post above. Do what you do because you love to do it. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:52 pm 
born to perform.

MichalAngelo wrote:
I retract my post about your BS. :oops: I apologize. BTW...Left a voicemail for Criss. He (surprisingly) called back. He didn't remember your name, but I described you from your pic and he said "he sounds familiar", but he wasn't sure.

However, I spoke to him very briefly about the illusions in the show. This is what he told me..verbatim....

"The problem with changing the illusions in the show is that the story changes, the choreography changes, and it changes the whole d*mn production. I'd rather make what's in the show work a little better. We're working out a lot of bugs, because basically the first few shows just sucked @$$. But people are going to have to get it throught their f**king heads that this isn't TV and it's not Mindfreak."

Thanks for retracting your bs because I know I met him and he really is a nice guy and I actually did like his show granted some of his illusions I could see through but overall it was a good show and I have to admit there were a few parts that weren't all that good but I still liked it and with a few tweaks he'll make it look good.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next