View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: MORGAN IS QUITTING MAGIC!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:11 pm 
Penguin

Morgan Strebler is quitting magic!! :cry:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=53756185

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:16 pm 
Penguin

[edited]!?!?!?!?! What about Molten?!?!? What about his stage show...this seems...so ....sudden :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:31 pm 
born to perform.

:shock: that... well he's a great guy and I hope it brings him happiness whatever he is setting out to do now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:31 pm 
born to perform.

[edited]!?! not cool!!! I mean I'm not angry at him but still...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:35 pm 
Penguin

I heard a podcast with him...maybe from itricks...can't remember...it was just a few weeks ago. Anyways, he said something about getting a tv or movie deal in the making. That must be what he is focusing all of his time on. Wow, i am stunned, I thought his magic was going so well for him. I wanna know if he is still going to release Molten.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:19 pm 

He's also got a PK Touches video in the works. You guys should have been at NX08, because he tipped most of his work to us and I even got a little extra. One thing to remember, if your hearts not in it, then you shouldn't be doing it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:39 am 
born to perform.

I think he's quiting, laying low, preparing something really great and after some time...bam!...Strebler - The return!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:26 am 
Emperor Penguin

Is this because the Masked Magician will be exposing his material? :lol: Pretty hefty coincidence. I doubt he will quit for long, everyone goes through that phase usually then comes back later. Heck even I wanted to quit many times but didn't. I just took a few months off, which I now do every year to keep me motivated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:18 am 
Penguin

sirbrad wrote:
Is this because the Masked Magician will be exposing his material? :lol: Pretty hefty coincidence. I doubt he will quit for long, everyone goes through that phase usually then comes back later. Heck even I wanted to quit many times but didn't. I just took a few months off, which I now do every year to keep me motivated.

What if he is the masked magician?????? :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:35 pm 
born to perform.

sirbrad wrote:

I find it more interesting that he was featured in street agic magazine - then decided to quit. Shows what sitting through an interview with James Clark will do to ya'.

Anyway, I'm guessing he's just burned out at the moment. At some point down the road he'll see something or hear something that will lead him right to a new effect or concept. Imagination sparked, he shall return.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:44 pm 

And look what happened to Street Magic Magazine! Changed to "Magician" Magazine and has only come out with one issue in 2008.

Perhaps Morgan has better business opportunities outside the realm of magic.

I for one have it in my blood, so magic will always be a part of my life.

Best of luck to Morgan wherever his course may take him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:26 pm 
born to perform.

DerZauberer wrote:
And look what happened to Street Magic Magazine! Changed to "Magician" Magazine and has only come out with one issue in 2008.

Add that to the ever growing list of Clark's failed business ventures.

DerZauberer wrote:
Perhaps Morgan has better business opportunities outside the realm of magic.

He's been in Vegas long enough to make some good contacts, and his showmanship is excellent. We may see him acting in a bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:33 pm 
born to perform.

PatrickS wrote:
sirbrad wrote:

What if he is the masked magician?????? :shock:

OH MY GOD!!!!

na, just kidding :lol: the masked magician is val valentino. or at least, it was...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:18 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I think Morgan is trying to go out on top, that way he will not have to explain himself while performing, after the Masked Magician reveals his act. :lol: He will be back later after the public forgets everything rather quickly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:38 pm 
born to perform.

I sent the story to itricks, here is the article they wrote up.

Quote:
According to a message on his MySpace page, Morgan Strebler is quitting magic. Quitting performing, quitting producing, moving on to other phases of his life.

Here’s the message:

Quitting Magic

I just wanted to drop a quick note to all of my friends out there. Over the past several months I’ve been thinking about my career in magic, and where I wanted to go with it. Ultimately, I’ve decided that I’m going to quit performing and producing magic. I feel that I’ve taken this particular road in my life as far as it’s going to go. To be honest, I’m looking forward to pursuing other opportunities, and just kind of seeing where life takes me. Magic will ALWAYS hold a special place in my heart. I really appreciate all of the support that my family, friends, and fans have given me throughout my career.

Goodbye!!! Thank you ALL for everything!!

Morgan

According to MySpace, someone has logged into his account today.

We are also getting reports that the same message was on his blog. Worth noting that his blog is now no longer loading, due to a Wordpress error.

Two main points, we’d like to make:

First, we heard about this a day ago and have not run it because we wanted to hear it from Morgan first. Long time readers of this site know that Morgan wouldn’t be the first magician to have his internet presence tampered with.

Second, if it is true, it’s a very sad day for magic. Morgan is not only a class act who always put the art first but he’s also a friend. He was the first major creator (not named Andrew Mayne) who noticed us and started talking about iTricks. We will always owe him.

Thanks to everyone who sent this in, know that we held this information because we wanted to present the clearest picture possible.

We are currently trying to get in touch with Morgan and since we know he reads the site (it is his crack) hopefully this will spur things along.

LINK