The other day I was at a restaurant eating dinner, and practicing some routines when I caught the attention of a couple of employees who were fascinated by my magic. It ended up with a little "mini-magic show" around my table and after I payed the bill the owner came over and asked me if I wanted to come over one night to entertain the guests.
We didn't discuss any payment, but I'll be happy to do this for free, as it sounded fun, and it would probably be a good experience for me.
Anyway, over to the actual
topic. I'm relatively new to the restaurant arena, and would be glad for opinions and suggestions on building my routine.
I'm thinking of maybe starting off with sponges, switching to cards and ending with loops or Liquid Metal. I am tempted to use flash paper as well : ] Maybe some money magic in between, if its not too lenghty.
Effects im thinking of using:
- my sponge routine
- an ACR/card to wallet routine
- Reparation (torn and restorn card routine)
- 2 card monté
- Gaffed cards from ellusionist (mostly effects from the DVD "army of 52")
- Extreme burn (visual bill-change)
- Pen through dollar
- Floating dollar bill
- Spinning fork, etc.
- Invisible deck
- Cardtoon 2
- Mental Photography
- In a flash
- Strange Travelers
- Self tying shoelace
Flash paper effects
- Blaze of Glory (flash paper card visually turns into the selected signed) card
- Wholehearted (torn and restorn paper heart, you get the picture)
- Origami Rose
- Liquid Metal
I think its hard combining a few selected of the above effects into a short, nice walkaround routine that makes sence. Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated