1. Lance Burton - King of the stage.
2. David Copperfield - If only for childhood memories of wonderment.
3. Penn & Teller - For Teller's supreme sleight of hand, and Penn's mouth.
4. Cardini - Why won't the cards stop appearing!?
5. Dai Vernon - The man baffled Houdini, for God's sake.
6. Derren Brown - Mentalism doesn't get any better. His card tricks rock, too.
7. Cyril Takayama - How did I forget to put this guy here?
8. Houdini - Needs to be mentioned, even if most of his work was escapology.
9. Richiardi - Bloods and guts, oh my!
10. Criss Angel - Not the best at street magic, but give him a stage and prepare your mind to be blown.
How is this a bad list? I think you're just trying to sound smart Mr. Reaper. And How would a layman know about cardini and day vernon? AND, Criss angel isn't a bad magician. He's better than 90 percent of the people on this forum, but once you get the big time fame everybody tries to cut you down and that's what's happening to him.
1. I never said it was a bad list.
2. I never said a layman would know any one on that list.
3. I never said Criss was a bad magician, he is but I never said it.
I said his list was commercial and that I expect his list to change in the next year. I just wouldn't expect a magician to make a list like that. Seems to me like most magicians pick guys like sankey, malone, or wilson. The thing about reading posts on here is you can't tell the tone or mood someone is using. I wasn't criticizing him or anything. Those are some great magicians on there, I even put D.Brown on my list two because he is brilliant but you can't say his list doesn't stand out....