View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Infinite Pockets?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:18 am 
Penguin

Hello Everyone!

It's been quite some time since I've posted (almost 4 years) but now I'm back! :) Anyways, I'm just curious as to how everyone holds all their magic. I'm struggling with that at the current moment, because there's several gimmicks for different tricks that I like to do, and yet, it seems like my pockets aren't big enough . . . How do you guys go about carrying your stuff?

Thanks!
Brayden

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:08 am 
born to perform.

Welcome again, glad you are back!

I suggest having a tailor custom sew pockets in a vest or jacket.

OR the cheap way. Sew for yourself;
Cut a cheap wallet in half and sew each half to opposite sides of the inside of a coat or vest. Use an awl to poke holes in the leather for sewing.

You can do the same thing with a leather coin purse.

Use an old card box for a packet trick holder. Take some old cards and tape some tabs on them so they stick up for locating certain packet tricks without looking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:00 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Waiting as a final load under a very large set of cups. It is dark......
There are a few options you have. You could go with a cheap Assassin's Pouch, or something similar, you could customize a jacket to hold your props, you could get a HC Magic holster, or (there are many more options as well,) you could get a Strolling Pouch from Frank at The Ambitious Card.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:39 pm 

What you want is Bovvy Mavericks Buskervest. Go to http://www.buskergear.com/shop/ for info. It costs but it's worth it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:34 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Waiting as a final load under a very large set of cups. It is dark......
paddy wrote:
What you want is Bovvy Mavericks Buskervest. Go to http://www.buskergear.com/shop/ for info. It costs but it's worth it.

Bobby, sorry but I had to throw that in there, I know it was a typo. Anyway, he was looking for a vest for a strolling type environment, do you think that this style vest would be the best choice? I really wouldn't know, but I think that there are more elegant vests out there, that can be customized. I talked to Bobby, and they are working on a new Elegant vest, only time will tell for that, but I can only guess it will also be great. All the best,

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:28 am 

GOOD CATCH!!! Even spell check missed that I misspelled BOBBY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:15 pm 
born to perform.

paddy wrote:
GOOD CATCH!!! Even spell check missed that I misspelled BOBBY

So paddy, did you agree with what I said? Do you think that the busker vest would be his best choice for strolling? I honestly can't say, because I don't own it. I am getting in the future though. Actually, now that I think about it, you could use the topit, not for ditches, but as EXTRA large pockets, and button up the vest. With a tie, that would look pretty 'snazzy' :lol: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:33 pm 
Penguin

Thanks for all the responses everyone . . . I think I've got some great ideas going here. As for right now, I think I'm cutting everything down to holding just a few decks of card in my pockets, where one deck might be gimmicked. I don't need to do the invisible deck AND the rising card in the same busking session eh? ;) :D