View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Escapology for kids???
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:35 pm 
Penguin

Ok so it goes like this....I voluntered to preform at my church's kid's camp, christmas party. I will be twisting balloons and some small magic effects....I also agreed to preform an escape. Any thoughts or suggestions?? I was going to do a chair 100 foot rope escape, with three minutes to escape. Any other ideas or ways to improve the escape??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:20 pm 
Penguin

I think it'll be really hard to keep the kid's attention for an escape . . . I wouldn't personally do it, but if you pull it off, more power to you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:19 am 
born to perform.

100foot rope escape with Shanghi Shackles on a wooden chair which you will break during the act is incredible. . . if you pull it off that is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:26 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I would simply say not to do the escape. Escapes are no easy task, and it seems as if you're not prepared.

Personally, I've always used the strait jacket escape. I do it with a comedy presentation. The kids love it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:21 pm 
born to perform.

was that your video or someone else's fallingblood where there is a countdown timer and you/the guy resets it with his nose? I loved that, no surprise the kids do too...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 6:32 am 
Penguin

I've noticed that pulling someone closer without your supposedly shackled hand or pointing to the audience mid-routine always gets a nice reaction. I saw this performed at a couple of shows in schools and I think this could easily hold kids' attention.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:19 am 
born to perform.

I use the straight jacket for a magic club at the school I teach. I made a kid sized (gimicked) straight jacket and I stick one of my students in it. I open the act by marching him on stage and yelling at him to "Be quiet in class." I barge off stage as the evil teacher and the kid escapes from the jacket. Gets great reactions especially from other kids. One of Houdini's psychological subtelties was making sure that the guys cuffing, binding, or locking up the performer are bigger and meaner looking than the guy being bound. So if you want to do an escape act for a kids show put a kid in the cuffs....That said I wouldn't recommend a water escape!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:11 pm 
Penguin

anything short or comedic or maybe with a surprise ending ( idk but escaping from a mailbag or something and coming out with a goldfish bowl or somthing)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:14 pm 
born to perform.

I did escapes for kids in schools and they loved it. Escapes are something you see in the big cities or on TV. Most people have never seen an escape in a live show before, you just have to make the disclaimer at the begening of the escape " I am a professional escape artist and what I am about to do could be dangerous, so please do not try this at home. We have trained personel if something goes wrong" adds an element of danger but gets the message across.

Zambini Escapes

magic at its' best