View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Cover ups
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:07 pm 
Penguin

I just performed a show on friday doing some large traditional stage stuff and forgot a prop - i.e. an apple. The routine is a simple one, simple arm guillitine. Get an apple put it in the arm slot and saying that it is harmless and "accidentally" chop the apple in half. Bit of humour but the rest of the trick is that you put a spectators arm in the hole and they dont get hurt when the blade passes through the arm".

But anyway I digress. I forget to buy and apple and in haste ask a friend to go to the shops to get something for me to use. They returned with a pack of sausages. The only issue is that I am playing to a room which was about 3/4 full of vegetarians. I had to quickly think on my feet as to not offend anyone. When it came to showing the demonstration I had to cover and quickly came up with this which I am proud of.

"For anyone who is a vegatarian out there and doesn't like the thought of me using meat as an example, don't worry. These are ***** home-brand sausages... theres no way you could call it meat"

Has anyone else out there got any good stories about when they have had to cover up mistakes or issues?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:29 pm 
Penguin

One time I was performing the Tossed Out Deck. About on the third card selection, I realized it was a normal deck :oops: :shock:

So, after all three cards were chosen and the deck was tossed back up to me, I just asked what the cards were and did a monte routine. As every magician knows, tricks are much harder to perform when you're performing it AS YOU'RE COMING UP WITH IT! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:01 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I was performing a cut and restored rope routine, and had a brain freeze. I was into the third phase, and simply went blank. I've performed it a multitude of times, but just couldn't remember one simply move. So I simply ended the trick by saying, "That's all I have. I've forgotten the rest, which is probably good for you, because it usually lasts about half an hour and I can see that some of you are already starting to fall asleep."

It worked very well for me, because I have a comedy magic show.