View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:34 pm 

KingMilo wrote:
We all know the show is weak from what we hear and most of the reviews appear to be terrible. But the real question is... Will any of that matter? Will it hurt the show? Apparently people are giving him a standing ovation.

If I read the reviews correctly, it's not that the audience is standing in ovation; rather they are springing to their feet to get the heck out of the theater...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:31 pm 
Penguin

DerZauberer wrote:
KingMilo wrote:
We all know the show is weak from what we hear and most of the reviews appear to be terrible. But the real question is... Will any of that matter? Will it hurt the show? Apparently people are giving him a standing ovation.

If I read the reviews correctly, it's not that the audience is standing in ovation; rather they are springing to their feet to get the heck out of the theater...

Still though. Pros and enthusiasts know it stinks but how will the laymen look at it? Do you know what I mean?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:48 pm 
born to perform.

Wow. Just read a couple of articles. He even uses a plant in the Cirque audience to further promote his narcissism! I know Copperfield has a guy yell out, "do it in slow motion!" so that he has an entry into the gag. And that's part of the show and I'm fine with it. But for Criss Angel to have a plant present him with a 'gift' of adoration that allows him to continue yet more narcissistic behavior, (and delay any actual performance), is ridiculous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:42 pm 
Emperor Penguin

The standing ovation is just because the nightmare is finally over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:42 pm 
born to perform.

sirbrad wrote:
The standing ovation is just because the nightmare is finally over.

I think sirbrad deserves a standing ovation for that great line...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:56 pm 

They are censoring Criss Angel's own website so it only posts positive comments and deleting all the negative ones.

I am shocked that there are 211 positive comments about this crappy show. I can easily wager that a majority of them are planted comments...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:24 pm 
born to perform.

DerZauberer wrote:
They are censoring Criss Angel's own website so it only posts positive comments and deleting all the negative ones.

I am shocked that there are 211 positive comments about this crappy show. I can easily wager that a majority of them are planted comments...

Considering that he uses plants in everything else, it is a pretty safe wager that some percentage of the positive comments were written by somone on his payroll or in his circle of family/friends/supporters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:00 pm 
born to perform.

Do the sarcastic positive comments with intelligent undetectable insults get deleted too? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:40 am 
born to perform.

sebishungry wrote:
Do the sarcastic positive comments with intelligent undetectable insults get deleted too? :P

Insults are not much good if they are undetectable.

Juliegel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:15 pm 
Penguin

The show is definitely not your "typical" Cirque show. Much like Zumanity brought out the "senual side of Cirque" this show is simply expressing a different part of Cirque. It's Cirque combined with Criss Angel. This is the first time that Cirque has done a show where there is a main character so you will need to have an open mind to enjoy it. If you go into the sho expecting it to be like othe Criss performances or like other Cirque shows you'll be disappointed because it's something totally different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:17 pm 
born to perform.

RadioRob wrote:
DerZauberer wrote:

Considering that he uses plants in everything else, it is a pretty safe wager that some percentage of the positive comments were written by somone on his payroll or in his circle of family/friends/supporters.

Or himself lol.... that would be the most likely place to start lol.

I wonder if he has ever been on this forum and looked in topics about himself, it would be hilarious if he has!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:36 pm 
Penguin

Trixster5 wrote:
If you go into the sho expecting it to be like othe Criss performances or like other Cirque shows you'll be disappointed because it's something totally different.

Aren't those the two main reasons someone would go? Because they like Criss Angel or Cirque.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:40 pm 
Penguin

Well if your expecting MindFreak in a theater you should definitely look at the Youtube.com/cirquelasvegas theres like behind the scenes videos of the show, you can get a better idea of how it is. Most of the tricks that you see on MindFreak would be impossible to do in theater and the purpose of the show is of a journey than a magic show. Much like Zumanity showed the sensual side of Cirque and is very different from the traditional cirque shows, Criss Angel Believe is a whole different type of show.