View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Simple false transfer !
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:59 pm 
Penguin

I did a simple coin trick in my school today. I do a false transfer, then tell someone to hold my wrist, while they were doing that, I put the coin into my pocket. this trick got some great reaction from somebody, but there are several guys that catch the false transfer and some guy even know how to do this simple trick. To me, in coin magic, mostly it was done by false transfer, if someone has an idea about the false transfer or know how to do this simple trick, they will figure out a lot of other trick.
What's your experiences about doing a false transfer? and what do you think about my opinion?
Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:13 pm 
Team Penguin

Thats pretty common for somebody to think that way about coin magic. It is not all about the false transfer. Learn a few other transfers or vanishes. I do something called the OMGoshman vanish that works great but you need to know a few heavy sleights to pull it off Btw, This should be moved to the coin magic thread

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:21 pm 
born to perform.

There are ways of showing both hands empty while still keeping the coin in your hands, that should do the job...
A few days ago I showed someone the Spider vanish (he used to be kinda in to magic so he knew what a false transfer is) and then I did that move, that David Stone uses all the time, where you show both hands empty while keeping the coin classic palmed, and the guy I showed it to said that the coin is probably under my watch, so I guess he was fooled 8)
Long story short, even when people know about false transfers, they can still be fooled, because they don't know about classic palming, the Ramsay subtlety, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:33 pm 
born to perform.

use a more convincing false transfer. Laymen spend no time trying to practice (let alone perfect) coin sleights so if you perform a false transfer extremely well they will beleive it. And if you use a difficult or rarely used false transfer then they shouldn't suspect it. My favorite false tranfer for "Magic Savey" spectators is the himber vanish (done well and smoothly of course). It kills 'em

edit- oh yeah, also. I hate it when I see a magician give the false transfer more attention than it needs. When you actually transfer a coin from hand to hand you don't even think about it and sometimes you don't even look at it. So I hate it when I see a magician go "now i'm going to put this coin in my other hand" :x Just put it there. It should be very off beat, non-chalant, who gives a [edited]. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:08 am 
Emperor Penguin

acebrawler73 wrote:
So I hate it when I see a magician go "now i'm going to put this coin in my other hand" :x

I say that and actually put it there. Great magician fooler.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:48 am 
Penguin

(Ignore this post)

Last edited by mann185 on Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:50 am 
Penguin

sirbrad wrote:
acebrawler73 wrote:
So I hate it when I see a magician go "now i'm going to put this coin in my other hand" :x

I say that and actually put it there. Great magician fooler.

It's a great magician fooler.

Believe it or not, I do the same thing using coins.

Sometimes, when doing cards, I always pretend to fumble for a DL get ready, which in fact I am just turning over a single card - turn it over - put it in the middle. Put the top card on the table which they thought still the same card. It really fools them when they see the card "changes".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:52 pm 
born to perform.

Yeah it's pretty easy to fool magicians by NOT doing a sleight
There's a trick called Sucker Vanish in Bobo's book, where you vanish a coin in an obvious way and then you show that you didn't actually vanish the coin and it's still in your hand... it's a pretty cool trick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:11 pm 
born to perform.

Do Greg Wilson's "all around vanish". Very cool method of showing both hands empty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:22 am 
Penguin

i donĀ“t think anyone could catch your false transfer if you use the principal of spatinal relationship... because you have to make the picture in their head that the coin was in your hand the whole time!

-Kalle A Moen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:34 pm 
born to perform.

daniel116 wrote:
Yeah it's pretty easy to fool magicians by NOT doing a sleight
There's a trick called Sucker Vanish in Bobo's book, where you vanish a coin in an obvious way and then you show that you didn't actually vanish the coin and it's still in your hand... it's a pretty cool trick.

No you actually do vanish the coin, I have a routine based around this smaller routine.

The book's routine goes like this, you take a coin, vanish it but do a very poor job so that it looks like you put the coin in your pocket. Then since people watching think that you give a wave over your fist and the coin reappears. You put the coin in your hand again, show your pocket empty, then vanish the coin and show both hands empty.

In my routine I start off in a similar way but I don't act like I'm putting it in my pocket because personally I hate routines where you pretend to mess up because well I hate messing up lol. So I vanish it, then show my pocket empty as I say that some people think I put it in my pocket somehow. Then I give a wave and it reappears in my hand. Then I place it in my hand again, give a wave, and it vanishes once again and I show both hands empty which they really are at that point. Then I show my pocket empty once again, give a little wave over my hand, and say since its the end I will change it around a little, and then reveal a gold coin instead for the end. Thats my little alteration of that routine from MCM.