View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Best shell
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:25 pm 
Penguin

what is the best half dollar shell? There are so many!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:25 pm 
born to perform.

Todd Lassen makes the best shells. Period. Jamie Schoolcraft is close, but still second.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:36 pm 
Team Penguin

Shell Raiser shell :wink:

cool ur jets guys it was a JOKE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:26 pm 

For which coin? I love the Johnson shell for my Walking Liberty. I've seen a Schoolcraft and didn't think the extra cash was worth the difference in quality. For quarters, there's no reason to go custom. For standard halves, go with Johnson, since the cost is lower and the quality is just as good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:34 pm 
born to perform.

exodus wrote:
For which coin? I love the Johnson shell for my Walking Liberty. I've seen a Schoolcraft and didn't think the extra cash was worth the difference in quality. For quarters, there's no reason to go custom. For standard halves, go with Johnson, since the cost is lower and the quality is just as good.

Personally, I think a normal quarter can be Johnson. But if you want to get nice silver coins, like Walking Liberties, I think custom is the way to go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:40 pm 

The extra $45 and wait on a Walking Liberty shell wasn't worth it compared to the Johnson Shell I use. My friend got a walking shell from Schoolcraft and actually liked the fit of mine better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:00 pm 
Penguin

exodus wrote:
The extra $45 and wait on a Walking Liberty shell wasn't worth it compared to the Johnson Shell I use. My friend got a walking shell from Schoolcraft and actually liked the fit of mine better.

Yea, Schoolcraft ins't really is known for its expanded shells - Lassen's are best. Johnson is the best for your money; I especially recommend the hopping half since there's so much you can do for it. Tango's also improved lately, almost nearing the quality of Johnson, so I'd recommend them as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:55 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Waiting as a final load under a very large set of cups. It is dark......
What about this Dean Dill set with Schoolcraft because it looks pretty darn good if you ask me!? http://www.coingaffs.com/shells.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:59 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Waiting as a final load under a very large set of cups. It is dark......
Are Lassen set really that good because the shell on these Expanded shell sets looks very off- color. I think that that would draw suspicion. I don't own either set, but I need dome advice because everybody is saying that the Lassen set is so much better than the Schoolcraft set, but IMO it appears to be the other way around. http://www.toddlassen.com/ess.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:04 pm 
born to perform.

Bicycle12 wrote:
Are Lassen set really that good because the shell on these Expanded shell sets looks very off- color. I think that that would draw suspicion. I don't own either set, but I need dome advice because everybody is saying that the Lassen set is so much better than the Schoolcraft set, but IMO it appears to be the other way around. http://www.toddlassen.com/ess.htm

Lassen makes perfect expanded shell sets. I've held them, used them, and have another set of them on order. In the pictures I think it's just lighting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:32 pm 
born to perform.

magicman4646 wrote:
Bicycle12 wrote:

Lassen makes perfect expanded shell sets. I've held them, used them, and have another set of them on order. In the pictures I think it's just lighting.

Just the lighting on the shell in every single set (a little sarcastic) ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:45 pm 
born to perform.

On his website, the shell is always in the same position in the spread. Therefor, yes, the lighting can be like that for all the pictures. I've seen his coins in person, and they look fantastic. Have you ever seen any of his shell work in person? If you have, you would have no question about the quality and appearance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:40 pm 
born to perform.

I love the look of his products, but where are the prices?
:?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:46 pm 
born to perform.

cameronb wrote:
I love the look of his products, but where are the prices?
:?

He took them down; I have no idea why.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:48 pm 
Team Penguin

Doesen't schoolcraft take like 3 months for deliver though lol