View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:31 am 
born to perform.

Location: Waiting as a final load under a very large set of cups. It is dark......
revelation77 wrote:
I know it seems like he did 'psychological forcing' but very little people do. I have tricks where I convince the audience that I am influencing their subconscious but really...I'm using a nail writer. This guy you saw was an illusionist; he created the illusion that he could psychologically force anyone. I apologise for shattering this illusion as it seems you fell for it. The card in wallet thing sounds not only like Kollosal Killer but like the 'completely invisible' routine that COMES with KK...
I also find it funny that you are TOTALLY writing off gaffs simply because you 'really don't think it was gaffed'. I hope not. If the audience thinks it's gaffed then he's not exactly doing a good job now are he? KK uses a wallet that isn't altered in anyway but cannot be examined without a switch. That's all I will say for fear of revealing the method.

What would I recommend to someone starting in mentalism?
- 13 Steps (shutup...you need it)
- Osterlind's ETMMM series
- Osterlind's Mind Mysteries series
- I also got Banachek's PSI series DVDs when I was fairly new to mentalism but didn't really get much out of it but I watched them again recently and still didn't get anything out of it (I only have volumes 1 & 2). Alot of people really liked them so...maybe I'm just weird.
I have never been let down by an Osterlind product. I know I sound like I'm trying to plug him but it's the honest truth. The Radar Deck is a fantastic buy and is worth every penny if you do shows or standup.

The original card effect that you named was not an 'osterlind' or 'banachek' effect although I have no doubt that they may have performed it. It is simply a memorized deck effect that has been around for ages.

Peace,
~Rev.

No, I said that people didn't need to say that because I knew that everyone was going to say that. I was planning on getting it anyway, and saving everyone who posted the time of writing 13 Steps.

As far as KK goes, is it gaffed? I have no problems with it if it is gaffed or not, but I don't know. And with the memorized deck trick, now that you mention it, I remember him asking a lot how many cards were left in the pile. Thanks, and Paul, sorry for disagreeing with you, I guess that I fell for some of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:39 am 
born to perform.

Location: France - Chuckling at funny posts - In the CPC members base
Ah, its in the past.

You can get a 100% ungimmicked variation on KK called 'Seven' in 'The Safwan Papers' wich can be found on Outlaweffects site.