View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: lip reading
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:04 pm 
Emperor Penguin

hallo,
in a ebook about the trix of derren brown i read that it is possible 2 read lips from people who are thinking about a name e.g. these people do not move their lips visible but - as written in the ebook - move slight muscles and make (almost not hearable) sounds. now my question is: where can i buy books or dvd´s about this form of thought reading? the usual lip reading would not work i think as people have 2 move their lips like speaking for commmon lip reading. so i am looking for the mentalist style. does anybody know about this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:56 pm 
Penguin

Probably not a good idea to download exposure eBooks, as they are confusing the presentation with the technique.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:23 pm 
Penguin

Quote:
puppeteer_berlin
Emperor Penguin

Is this normal?

However, what derren brown does is to suggest you it is lip reading, what he did succesfully. I think this kind of 'muscle' reading not exist, or arent books written of what i know. Dont get fooled by tv series like the mentalist, magicens arent wizards, they cant read youre thought, only suggest you what to think of.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:38 pm 
born to perform.

Location: France - Chuckling at funny posts - In the CPC members base
No, it's not normal, it always freaks me out, I have no idea how it happens. but I'd love that on my account, it'd look to wierd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:26 pm 
born to perform.

talking about you downloading ebooks yourself does not make me want to help you. This shows me that you are not serious enough to be a mentalist and to actually study the craft to the amount it needs to be studied. However, if you would like to begin to learn how to read faces, read Sleight of Mind by Ian Harling and Martin Nyrup. That will give you a good backgroud. However, I warn you, tread carefully now that we know you are looking for exposure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:51 pm 
Emperor Penguin

well thanx 2 u all.. at least i do not look for xposure but for learning..

the ebooks u can buy at ebay e.g...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:53 am 
born to perform.

aside from being annoying again with your non-use of the letter e... which by the way is only one letter to type, hardly a short-form. The explanation that ebook has given you is completely false. You cannot hear slight muscle movements from a person that you couldn't see as well. What Derren does has been explained perfectly by him in a few of his videos. It would be extremely difficult to get to the level he is at, that is if you could at all. You should also keep in mind that there are other ways to accomplish this, and that he may not be telling you exactly what he is doing. Please do not become another Derren clone, as it seems that all you want to do is learn what he does and replicate it. You should know, that is impossible to do in some cases. Like I said before, tread carefully.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:38 pm 
Emperor Penguin

cool.. would u name the few of his videos please?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:42 pm 
Penguin

Jesus Christ man your on the forums waaaaaaaay tooo much

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:27 pm 
born to perform.

puppeteer_berlin wrote:
cool.. would u name the few of his videos please?

no, I'm not doing everything for you, go out and explore on your own. Geez, you're like some 10 year old kid who won't be quiet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:56 pm 
Emperor Penguin

where is the prob? u mentioned 2 know some sources i could need and i requested for the names.. who is benefitting when i search on m own and need more time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:12 pm 
born to perform.

you benefit. It is as simple as that. I stand to gain nothing by telling you everything, you have everything to gain by figuring it out on your own. You are obviously a fan of his, so watch his stuff. Download it if you have to, just do it yourself cause I can't hand you everything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:32 pm 
born to perform.

Would you quit using abbreviations?!? Nobody's going to help you the way you're speaking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:57 pm 
Emperor Penguin

well i did not ask for everything just for a title.. but anyhow: it is your desicion of course if u wanna help me or not..

@evanbishop: i got helped allreay.. seems like some people have no probs with other people beeing different or in this particular case: writing different.. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:07 pm 
Emperor Penguin

To get better responses, it would be wise to actually take the time, and show the other members of this forum some respect, by typing correctly. That doesn't mean you need perfect grammar. It just means you need to write legibly. Use complete sentence, and actual words. By doing so, people will help you a lot more.

As for what you're looking for, check out Corinda's 13 Steps to Mentalism. It's the Bible of Mentalism. It will teach you lip reading in there. But even more, it will give you a strong foundation in the art of mentalism. However, it will not teach you exactly what Derren does. No one really can do that. Derren does teach a little of what he does in a few books (just Google his name), and a couple of DVD's (again, Google his name). But it just scratches the surface. The blatant fact is that you will never be able to do everything that Derren does. And you shouldn't try to do such anyway.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next