View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:03 pm 
Emperor Penguin

thanx for advice.. i will check corinda..

2 the writing: well this is my style.. i do not understand the prob.. different styles spice up life - also in writing.. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:03 am 
Emperor Penguin

puppeteer_berlin wrote:
thanx for advice.. i will check corinda..

2 the writing: well this is my style.. i do not understand the prob.. different styles spice up life - also in writing.. :wink:
Actually, you're style of writing is that of a lazy teen at best. The problem is that it one, shows you're lazy, two, shows a disrespect for everyone else, three, is hard to read, four, is against the rules (I believe), five, shows that you're not willing to really try very hard (so why should we even help in the first place?), six, well the list continues going on.

Yes, styles do spice up writing; however, by all accounts, your writing would be thrown out by any English teacher, writer, author, etc. You're writing style shows a lot about yourself, and because of that, do not be surprised when people do not help as much as they could.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:47 am 
born to perform.

And he still wonders why I wouldn't completely help him out. Fallingblood has explained my position exactly with his last two posts in this thread. Hopefully now, puppeteer you understand that it is not just me that thinks this way, and that you'll get much better help when writing coherently. Just don't expect it right away from me now that you seem to not care what I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:10 am 
born to perform.

Location: France - Chuckling at funny posts - In the CPC members base
bt tht iz hees styleee mannnz!!!

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:24 pm 
Emperor Penguin

it is getting off topic a little..

at least: call my way of writing the "lazy teen"-style.. or call it the nwa-style (niggaz with attitude) or however u like.. u also may try 2 reveal my character about spooky mind-/character- reading about mails.. :roll:

what i really liked is that my way of writing might b against the rulz.. :lol: what rule do u mean?

so i finish this sensless discussion with similar words like Pauldela:

bt tht iz meyyyy styleee mannnz!!! (i like your wording :wink: )

facit: the more u are tolerant 2wards people being different the easier u r.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:39 pm 
Emperor Penguin

The rule that I was talking about is this one http://www.penguinmagic.com/discuss/viewtopic.php?t=88983 This thread states explicitly that the type of slang, or "writing style" that you are using is forbidden. Simply, it's disrespectful, and shouldn't be tolerated.

As for your "fact," it's actually quite wrong in the way you are using it. Excepting the way you type, because you're too lazy to actually spell out words, and use some what proper grammar, is not about tolerance. This has nothing to do with excepting people, or being tolerant. This has to do with respect, and making the forum read more smoothly. It becomes increasingly difficult to read posts from lazy people. Meaning, they won't get the help they need, which usually leads to them bashing or spamming.

Trying to make this into a prejudice issue is simply illogical, as well as ignorant. It's a lame attempt to try to cover up for you being lazy. But since you are looking for facts, here are a few facts about typing correctly:

1) By using correct grammar and spelling, people will respect you more, and be more willing to help.
2) People will take you seriously, and thus help you more.
3) You will be able to actually get hired as a magician, or any job for that, if you use proper grammar. If you use the type of "style" you do now, for any job/school application, they will throw it away immediately.
4) It will allow people to understand what you want, instead of having to guess.

The list goes on, but I think you get the point. And if nothing else, you now know that it's against the rules to use your "style" of writing on these forums.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:28 pm 
Emperor Penguin

fallingblood wrote:
This has nothing to do with excepting people, or being tolerant.

Sorry man, had to do it. I still love you. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:42 am 
Penguin

Derren does have some pretty impressive abilities to read people that are genuine, although it's often difficult to see as he uses his magical skill as misdirection. However this sort of muscle reading probably isn't one of them.

One reason people aren't inclined to help you is that it appears you're fishing for videos to download. If you asked for some books that could help you then you'd probably get more responses.

Finally, if there is such a thing as lip muscle reading then it is undoubtedly very hard to do. If you are interested then you should learn to lip read normally, you'll have to know this first. Then you can start to do the impossible. Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:22 pm 
Emperor Penguin

@SwankyG: thanx for your content-related posting.. u mean that it is possible 2 learn lip-reading from people who do not move the mouth visibly is possible after learning lipreading from people who move the lips but do not give sound?

by the way: i wrote in the beginning: "where can i buy books or dvd´s" - so the conclusion i am not interested in buying books and dvd is a little beside the facts.. not so bad from u SwankyG but from some other respectless people outthere:

u few guys do not focus on the facts but are leaded by some sort of emotional based attitudes which are mainly something around: u r different i do not like u.. it is so obvious that i do not have probs 2 show u the facts for this thesis with eas:

in the last post fallingblood writes on the one hand the reason for him not tolerating my stile of writing would b disrespect from my side.. so what sort of disrespect are u writing about? i respect the common mainstreamstyle u write.. i do not care how u write.. it is up 2 u.. so i do not take your freedom in xpressing yourself.. but u do not tolerate the way i write.. u want 2 take my freedom in xpressing myself the way i like.. freedom of speech is not only about what u say (content) it is of course also about how u say it (style of xpression)..

while u write that the reason for your intolerant behaviour ("shouldn't be tolerated") is disrespect u c that i am respectfull towards u as i do not take any freedom of u.. but u wonna take my freedom.. but it gets even worse: while i did not blame u for anything u are saying i am lasy.. most people think that being lasy is something bad.. so u call me somebody with bad habbits.. thats a xample for disrespect!! offending somebody cause he writes different.. by the way: if i would b this lasy i would not write "do not, i am" and stuff.. so if u would focus on the facts u would c that u are not only disrespectful - the reason u name for this behaviour is also (easy 2 c) obviously wrong.. why do u behave so intolerant?

2 your rulz: i read them now.. the xamples for what is forbidden are xtrem writing.. it is not some other wording at some points but it is full-slang - so at least different than my writing.. but there is some other interesting thing written in the rulz:

bashing and flaming are forbidden!!! so mayb u should revoke calling me lasy!!! also again 2 your respect-stuff: u write that my style is disrespectful (as i mentioned above i do not take anybodys freedom) but quote for yourself: "people will respect you more" 1 of the people is u i think.. so u blame me for not beeing respectfull but admit indirectly that it is u at least who is not respectfull!!!!

2 your few so called facts:
1. only people will respect me more who are intolerant towards people who are different.. 2 tell u the truth: i do not give a [edited] about the so called respect of such people.. respect is for those people just a phrase 2 keep people in uniform mentally - taking peoples individuality (just cause they are scarred of freedom?)
2. more or less the same so called fact as nr. 1
3. i am not here 2 get jobs
4. i do not use strong slang - so people understand..

so at least it is very easy: beeing not respectfull leads 2 intolerant behaviour (writing-style) - i tolerate your behaviour.. do u tolerate mine????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:28 pm 
born to perform.

From the thread about spam:
"Again, what WILL be deleted is internet slang/text speak. Not only does it look like a 5 year old is posting but also shows disrespect to the users of the board that are reading your post."
"We want this forum ORGANIZED, not only friendly but organized too, everything that a normal forum should be and right now it is not "normal", it is a playground. For a sec sit down again and just think, imagine. Seeing a topic with all posts well-written and insightful as opposed to posts that do not use any Capital letters at all and use text speak and such. Actually we can see that right now, now imagine if all the posts we're all well written with correct punctuation and grammar. We are NOT forcing you to use Capital letters and what we call "correct punctuation", we are however enforcing you to use correct spelling and grammar"
Sounds to me like Jared wants this forum to sound nice, read nicely and be organized. Which means your silly, lazy (and yes it is lazy) posting style is not something that is to be tolerated on these forums. I'm surprised you said you read the whole topic cause you must have missed this part about how your posting style is not a tolerated style. But, again, we aren't forcing you to change (the mods might, but we won't), but you will get met with more respect and with better advice if you actually grow up, take the time to post like a normal person speaking in a normal way and quit being so defensive. We have seen loads of users here get repeatedly picked apart in their posts because they were too lazy to type properly and because they got defensive. Also, remember, the mods are on our side, not yours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:25 pm 
Emperor Penguin

read the xamples for organized writing.. by the way: where is the disorganization due 2 indivdual writing? what is disorganized cause of my writing? do not only use emotinalized phrases but think about what u write.. 1 possible question about reflection what u wrote i mentioned now..

but fine that u admit now what i focused on before: u do not like me cause i behave different.. u just want "normal" behaving people.. no space for individualism? bad for u.. but there is still a possibility 2 grow up and develop yourself.. good point 2 start would b developing tolerance.. hey man i am just writing in a different style.. even for you: "everbody must b normal" people that should b a thing possible 2 accept.. at least it is not this difficult 2 understand.. :roll:

good staring point would b also 2 inquire if i am really lazy.. while writing "do not or i am" instead of using the short forms your suspection of mine beeing lazy is irrational.. in this way (from your own point of understanding) u are lazy at least as u write like "i´m" or "don´t"..

calling me or my style (whats a part of mine) silly and lazy is offending (so of course i am defensive) and against the rulz anyhow.. no flaming and stuff.. this sort of disrespect is against the rulz and in this point the mods should b on my side - if they are neutral..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:44 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Trying to be deep and insightful will not make people look favorably on your writing. It will show people that you're ignorant on the subject in which you're speaking on.

Writing like a 5 year old is not a sign of individuality. This is self evident in the fact that head moderator of this site has to address people, with your writing style, in order to inform them that it won't be tolerated. There would be no problem if only one individual, showing individuality was typing that way. But that's not the case. You're writing style is the exact stereotypical writing style of lazy teenagers. There is no individuality in it, as it is a common occurrence. That being so, you're defense of writing such, is completely void.

As to us trying to steal your freedom of speech; that is a very tired argument. It is clearly evident that you have no idea what the first amendment actually protects. Typing in the way that you are has nothing to do with freedom of speech. It's not expressing you who are; it's simply fitting into a negative stereotype. A stereotype that will be found disrespectful, and will kill many of the chances that you have to get credible advice.

Again, this has nothing to do with tolerance. You trying to make it into a prejudice issue is ignorant, and immature. No one is persecuting you, they are simply informing you that:
One) You're typing "style" will not be tolerated on these boards as it makes reading what you have to say exceptionally difficult, and makes this forum look unprofessional, as well as cluttered.
Two) That if you want help, you should obey by the rules set down on this forum. If you don't, you won't get the help you want, as no one wants to try to help someone who doesn't even have enough respect to take a little time and type correctly. No one wants to help someone who is lazy, because lazy people simply ruin magic.

The way you write, as well as the content of your writing speaks volumes about yourself. In life, first impressions are very important. With those two facts being stated, the general view of you won't be very high, and thus, you won't be getting much help. This is simply because people don't want to waste time on people who they feel will fail, and ruin magic for others. We pride ourselves in this art, and don't want to see it ruined by lazy people.

Again though, before you try to act like a martyr, read the rules to these forums. It's clear that you either haven't, or you simply didn't understand them. We have now provided you with the exact rules that state that you're writing "style" will not be tolerated on this site. We have also provided you the consequences that will happen if you don't cease typing in the manner that you do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:56 pm 
born to perform.

QUILT MAKIN' -X-CUZZZEZZES!!!! O'YEAH DIS B MA SPEAKIN'N'SPITTIN METHOD SO ALL U'ZE HATEA'S TOLERATE ME GET TO SHOWIN SUM LOVIN!!!! U'M NOT LAZY U'M ARTI$$$$TIK!!!

8) (EYE PUTT DAT CUZ IM 1 CRAZA COOL CRACKA!!!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:31 pm 
Emperor Penguin

hey thecooltonto u r really talented.. i c a big potential in rapping.. mayb freestyling.. train your rime-style.. yeah u got the groove.. :wink:

ok guys, u want the ultimate proove that u r wrong and i am right?! ok, here i come: lazyness related 2 the way of writing - more precise the used amount of letters 2 transfer/send a thought - is messurable by the number of letters u need 2 code this idea (in fact talking is about coding.. understanding is about decoding).. do u understand that? if not step back and think about it.. if u still ´do not understand what is 2 meassure with this way of counting take some book about social psychology and read about the principles of communication.. i guess fallingblood and bucky310 have never seen a university from inside as their arguments are based on suggestive patterns (emtionalized sort of perception) not on logical patterns (academical/logical sort of perception).. otherwise u would not have got this illusional impression about lazyness (messure the lazyness-factor as i mentioned above and u will c by your own calculation).. illusorical impression it is cause u c some character abilities that do not xist.. this is a typical sign for suggestive patterns of perception (autosuggestion of meaninx)..

so if it is not about lazyness it is just about style and being different.. now u try 2 set the impression of being silly ("5 year old", etc.).. from another view it is the same style as rappers use in their lyrix and talking.. this is a sort of language art.. at the amount of payment for some of those guys (like nwa - niggaz with attitue e.g.) u c that with this sort of art (as musicians r artists) people make lots of money.. i do not make money with it - i just choose this kind of style of xpression.. it is the same as with some of u guys and d. brown e.g.: they make big money with it and u are just "normal" performers - but at least we are talking about an art: some people have different styles choosen from different artists.. some david blaine, some d. brown some.. etc.. so i have choosen the style of sme rappers while u have chosen the style of this john-doe-guys.. u call it "normal"(style)..

so if u understand the patterns of elementary locic (fallingblood called this perspective/form of logical patterns "deep and insightful" :lol: ) u c: your thesis whats it is all about is as wrong as your thesis about sillyness.. it is just different.. so some of the "i want people 2 behave normal peoplz" have probs with different forms of beeing different: some with having different skin, some about differences in speaking, religion, clothing etc.. i do not know if u have only probs with ortographically differences or also with other sorts of beeing different.. anyhow guys: if u want 2 solve the prob just build up more tolerance.. it is always the same advice with u guys.. by the way: the conrete name for the sort of prejudices u follow is called ortographical prejudices: believing peoplz having characteristix cause they are related 2 a different group and offending them with wrong impressions/characteristix (which at fact-related messurement are also wrong - c above).. so it is - as every form of prejudices (judging in pre - so before - having enough/correct information)..

so after this long analogy and messurement of your thesis i can state from a logical point of view: u r wrong.. i do not think that u r haters like thecooltonto mentioned.. u just have a strong negative dissympathy for beeing different.. thats all.. your prejudices realated dissympathy for beeing different is not in the field of not changable attributes (at least not in this particular question) like colour of the skin but about communication-styles.. some peoplz do not like people with different clohting style ("childish", not "grown up" - u c the simularity) which peoplz choose 2 xpress themselfs - u do not like different wording styls.. same [edited], different objectives..

as i am not sure if u 2 catched the contend of my post (at least: after i prooved your thesis completely wrong u will again bot b able 2 find a logical mistake in my thoughts so u will attack the messanger as u can not attack the message :roll: ) i predict your reply: "u are soooooo a bad guy as u dare 2 b not normal!!! i give up make u c how bad it is 2 write in a different style.. noooo it can not b that i do not like peoplz cause of beeing different/having different stylz.. noooo i am a goood nomalo/john doe.. real original hetero-norm-100.. not beeing like everybody elz is sooooo disrespectfull!!!! my form of respect is uniformity of writing" :lol:

ok after a psychosociological character reading for free and the prediction i am courious 2 your reply.. 8)

peace men :arrow:

Last edited by puppeteer_berlin on Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:49 pm 
Penguin

Alright, I think this argument is getting out of hand. This isn't what the thread should be about.

I must say though that it would be nice if you used traditional spelling, as I have trouble processing large amounts of visual information, and it's not easy for me to read what you're saying, though I am interested.

Also, as previously said, I would highly advise you look at 13 Steps and become proficient with normal lip reading before even attempting to learn "lip muscle reading". Hopefully you can learn what it is you're interested in.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next