View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:03 pm 
Team Penguin

Sluggo...I'm really sorry to hear about your loss...I would have said something sooner, but I had no idea...

I know what your table means to you...My dad and I made mine also...and it is similar to the lefler...with some slight alterations and improvements. I could never part with mine either.

Post subject: '
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:25 pm 
born to perform.

Thanks a lot Kyle. It's been a tough year and it all came to an end September 28. I've been very fortunate to have him as long as I did, but it still wasn't long enough.
I hope everything is going well with you. It seems like you are keeping very busy with your shows..how is College working out?
Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:40 pm 
Team Penguin

College is doing great. I should have my Associates of Sociology this Saturday if everything works out. I've been soooo stressed...written 5 papers in the past week and 1/2, still have one more to write, and Finals are the rest of this week.

needless to say, after this week I will be a slightly happier man!

Shows are good this month...but last month was horrible...seriously...an all time low.

I really need a vacation, I feel as if my health is declining, I've lost a great deal of sleep the past few months, and I've begun to lose weight. Last week I went through a mild state of depression, but finally came out of that before it got the better of me (Thank God). I've spent this whole year in school (spring, summer, and fall semester) and doing bluegrass and magic shows when I can...I just haven't had much time to spend with friends or even just kick back and do what I want for a change...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:24 pm 
Penguin

this message is for kyle the great i notice you where from Ga. what part i,m from summerville ga. close to rome and dalton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:19 pm 
Team Penguin

Summerville is about 2 hours and 45 minutes away from me. I've done some gigs in Rome...it's a nice little stroll from my hometown of Demorest...which is in extreme northeastern Georgia. I'm all over the place though, so never hesitate to catch up with me sometime!

gishamer, have you ever been to the Ring 9 meetings? I swing in there every now and then to say hi to some friends and see what's going on. It's about the same drive for you as it is for me to get there. Let me know sometime if you plan on going and I'll try to visit on the same evening. It's always a lot of fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:12 am 
Penguin

hey kylethegreat i,ve never heard of the ring 9 i,m still new to magic but what is it and where is it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:17 pm 
born to perform.

Sluggo, really sorry about your dad. Haven't visited the boards lately and was saddened to hear the news. I can really relate to losing someone that means that much to you and I am truly sorry and offer my prayers to you and your family. {hug}

I love our Joe Lefler table. We opted to purchased ours only because my hubby has his hands full building illusions for our daughter and it was one less project he had to build. However, it would be simple to make and I agree, a lot less!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:23 pm 
Penguin

MindFX, I use a table/stand that I saw in a MAGIC Magazine from 95. It was designed by Jim Steinmeyer and can be made out of foamboard vs. birch plywood. It looks like 2 boxes stacked on top of each other-the lower one you can see through and the sides of the top actually fold down and it becomes a production box. PM me if you want design plans.