View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:50 am 
born to perform.

MichalAngelo wrote:
Hold the paper in one hand, and the lighter in the other. Hold the sponge ball in the same hand as the lighter. Once you light the paper, transfer the ball into the hand that WAS holding the paper. This way, the paper and the ball never come nto contact with each other.

I open all of my adult shows with this. Fir children's shows, I just pull it from there ear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:44 pm 
born to perform.

Location: France - Chuckling at funny posts - In the CPC members base
Always check if your allowed to use fire.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:19 pm 
born to perform.

Pauldela wrote:
Always check if your allowed to use fire.

I agree. Check with the manager, but I doubt you will run into any problems. Just be sure not to do this OVER the table...You don't want to catch the guests' clothes on fire. THAT would probably put a damper on the evening.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:28 am 
Penguin

That transfer sounds good, one question on it once I light the flash paper is it better to just place it from my say right hand to left or do I toss or drop it into my left hand which holds the flash paper. Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:55 am 
born to perform.

Just place it in your hand...if you toss it, you take the chance of dropping it. The bright flash is enough misdirection to cover your actions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:36 am 
born to perform.

Location: France - Chuckling at funny posts - In the CPC members base
A big fat peice of advice il give you is...

PROP MANAGEMENT. Just because you know what pockett ervything goes in and where to put it dosn't mean your smooth sailing, problems can ALWAYS crop up when you least expect it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:43 am 
Penguin

Hey I justed to say thanks to all for the help, the gig went great. I had tons of tables calling me over for more, the big hit was liquid metal which I pretty much did soley for the last hour. May most money as of yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:49 am 
Penguin

dhoodrat wrote:
Hey I justed to say thanks to all for the help, the gig went great. I had tons of tables calling me over for more, the big hit was liquid metal which I pretty much did soley for the last hour. May most money as of yet.

I had a gig for a high school prom. I had my deck of cards, self tying shoe lace and tons of forks. I was there for about 2-3 hours. After the 1st hour, the only thing I did was liquid metal lol...only ONE kid pointed out that my shoe lace was untied and it took me about 2 hours of walking around with my laces flopping around. I don't know why nobody pointed it out...maybe to not embarrass me? lol...I did a few ambitious card routines, and I found a student who also was a magician but just a beginner. But I did a few card tricks for him and when I had a crowd gathered around me I did "bruised" with what looked to be the biggest student I could find. I kept making him punch me harder and the 3rd punch packed a wallop! lol

Anyways, I'm on a tangent...all I meant to say is Liquid Metal KILLS. It just KILLS. One of the strongest routines I have ever learned from Penguin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:18 pm 
born to perform.

Lol. I did a prom last year. First prom I've ever done. I said, "You want an illusionist to perform at your prom?" She said they have some sort of entertainment every year, and heard that I was going to be in the area. I gave them a good deal...I did about an hour show and only charged them $350. :wink:

Post subject: Re: First restaurant gig on new years eve. Comment on rounti
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:44 pm 
Penguin

dhoodrat wrote:
I just booked my first restaurant gig for New Years eve, about 150 people for 2 hours. I was planning on having 3 routines ready each set with 3 effects.
-Signed business card ends up with chosen card written on it (business card show plain when they sign it)
- Chicago opener
- Standing Triumph

-Interlace
-Sponge ball routine
-Liquid metal

-This and That with business cards
- ?
-Booktest

What do you guys think? What should I change or add?

I have mainly done all walk arounds at houses of community parties before this. When I finished the audition they told me I have to do liquid metal on new years, I believe that it got me the job.

If you're in a restaurant, there's a whole host of tricks you could do. Have you tried spoonbending? How about keybending? (Look into Uri Geller; he's a douche, but he has some good tricks for restaurants.)
(Edit: Now that I've looked it up, "liquid metal" would teach you how to bend spoons and keys. Look into getting a victorian style key; it makes keybending tricks MUCH easier, and can be used for a "haunted key" routine, if you like that sort of thing.)
Also, try making an invisible thread routine.
You could also do water to ice, a TT routine with water, sugar, or salt, or, depending on the restaurant, floating/bouncing roll.

I also reccomend picking up some balloon tying skills. Parents go nuts for that stuff.