View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:27 am 
Emperor Penguin

magicman_jk wrote:
"K, next time, I'll cut them in different shapes!"

Umm which ones? Ouch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:19 pm 
Penguin

once i was trying to do a card trick in school, so i ask my friend to pick a card. Then he ripped the deck out of my hand and he yelled these cards are gimicked, and that lost my reputation.
(sorry for my spelling)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:22 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Waiting as a final load under a very large set of cups. It is dark......
kev1215 wrote:
once i was trying to do a card trick in school, so i ask my friend to pick a card. Then he ripped the deck out of my hand and he yelled these cards are gimicked, and that lost my reputation.
(sorry for my spelling)

Friend? Really?

It seems like you need to learn better crowd control, or don't perform at school.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:12 pm 
born to perform.

Bicycle12 wrote:
kev1215 wrote:
(sorry for my spelling)

Friend? Really?

It seems like you need to learn better crowd control, or don't perform at school.

If you can beat school kids you can beat nearly anyone, School Students are very picky and selective, to control them and peform a effect flawlessly without them questioning you once is a trick in itself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:47 pm 
Team Penguin

I know this is about restaraunt work, but I shall share a few stories from just various performances.

1: I was at a party, and I wasn't hired as a magician. I was just there. Suddenly, I am eating some chips and this woman comes up to me and says, "Are you some sort of magician?". I had no idea how she knew that... I looked at my clothes and I was just wearing normal stuff, I didn't have any cards or anything showing or anything.

I then later after saying yes and performing a bit ask her how she knew that. She then says, "Well, it is the way you reached for that chip... You had to be some sort of performer."

And she had no idea who I was. She had never heard of my magic before. She was dead serious.

2: I am performing an ambitious card on the bus for some guys. I control the card to the top, and as I do, the bus shifts and the card goes flying off the top and hits the dude I am performing for square in the eye.

3: I was doing Twister for this girl at my school, who never really talked much and seemed like one of those really intelligent girls who always made As and everything. I do the bend of the key, and hand it to her for examination.

She shoves the key in her mouth and then hands it back. I am OCD and had to bring out a napkin to pick it up and go wash it off. It was quite ackward. (She didn't know I was OCD about that either...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:42 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Just so you know, a Sankey "Revelations T-shirt" is not considered "normal clothes" to laymen.

:lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:31 am 
Team Penguin

sirbrad wrote:
Just so you know, a Sankey "Revelations T-shirt" is not considered "normal clothes" to laymen.

:lol: :lol:

Actually, it is. If you have one, it just looks like a cool shirt (and I am not just saying that to support Sankey).

It just looks normal...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:37 am 
Emperor Penguin

I was kidding, you actually have that shirt? :lol: If you think that looks normal you are obsessed indeed. I think the design attracts attention immediately, (maybe because I am a magician) and also has an element of exposure that goes along with it. Especially when you walk off with that big 1089 on your back.

Do you honestly think that any layman is going to believe that just appeared, or was there the entire time? The latter, especially considering the fact that it does not ever leave now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:21 pm 
Team Penguin

Jay goes into that on the DVD that comes with the shirt. He teaches you ways to psychologically convince the spectator that it appeared. It looks just as normal as any other shirt I wear. (I must wear wierd clothing... :lol: )

But I have never been questioned on how the shirt looks or the numbers; and no one stares either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:46 pm 
born to perform.

sirbrad wrote:
I was kidding, you actually have that shirt? :lol: If you think that looks normal you are obsessed indeed. I think the design attracts attention immediately, (maybe because I am a magician) and also has an element of exposure that goes along with it. Especially when you walk off with that big 1089 on your back.

Do you honestly think that any layman is going to believe that just appeared, or was there the entire time? The latter, especially considering the fact that it does not ever leave now.

I wear all types of shirts with different designs in them. The shirt looks normal.