View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: D Light
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:30 pm 
Penguin

Hello,

How you use the D Light during your kid show ?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: D Light
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:47 pm 
born to perform.

MindFX wrote:
Hello,

How you use the D Light during your kid show ?

Thanks

I do mine to music. I have a general idea of the beginning, middle and end but tend to improvise a little bit to the mood of the music (2:30 minutes of Wagner's Flight of the Valkrye). I pretend to conjurer up this little ball of light but act like I'm not sure of what it is. So I experiment will it such as smelling it and accidentally sucking it up my nose. That sort of thing.

Right now, I end with a cheap gag where I eat the D'Lite, you see it ingesting down my shirt to my tummy. Then after some pantomined gastrointesinal gyrations, I pretent to pluck it from my backside. Then I shake it from my hand and end the routine. That scatological humor is good for a laugh but I really would like to end with one of the bag of D'lites props - finish with a D'lite miser's dream.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:35 pm 
Penguin

Try this-in your right hand, palm a ball that is the same color as your d'lite. Grab up a piece of flash paper with the same hand, light it with the left and produce the ball. Proceed with a ball vanish and continue with your d'lites. If you feel randy, you can switch out ball colors and d'lite colors during the same routine. I always perform mine to the Knight Rider theme with red d'lites with red confetti packed in them and finish by throwing confetti as the song ends. Let us know how it goes.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:21 am 
Penguin

fire_n_drummer wrote:
Try this-in your right hand, palm a ball that is the same color as your d'lite. Grab up a piece of flash paper with the same hand, light it with the left and produce the ball. Proceed with a ball vanish and continue with your d'lites. If you feel randy, you can switch out ball colors and d'lite colors during the same routine. I always perform mine to the Knight Rider theme with red d'lites with red confetti packed in them and finish by throwing confetti as the song ends. Let us know how it goes.....

Maybe, MAYBE well with the kids, but I dont think having fire in the house would sit well with the parents.

just my two cents.

Post subject: '
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:38 pm 
born to perform.

You're absolutely right!
I wouldn't use fire in anyone's home. I have a flash paper igniter and I never use it unless I am at an outdoor event.
I use the D-lites when i bring one of the helper's up and I get their name wrong. I tell them I've been having trouble hearing and I can't figure out why. I ask them if they see anything in my ears that may be effecting my hearing. They say no and then I pop a blue light out, I then say "Oh, you didn't see this blueberry hanging in my ear?"
I then flip it to the other hand then eat it then spit it out and put it back into their ear.

Post subject: Re: '
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:56 pm 
Penguin

sluggo wrote:
You're absolutely right!
I wouldn't use fire in anyone's home. I have a flash paper igniter and I never use it unless I am at an outdoor event.
I use the D-lites when i bring one of the helper's up and I get their name wrong. I tell them I've been having trouble hearing and I can't figure out why. I ask them if they see anything in my ears that may be effecting my hearing. They say no and then I pop a blue light out, I then say "Oh, you didn't see this blueberry hanging in my ear?"
I then flip it to the other hand then eat it then spit it out and put it back into their ear.

Haha, Yes usually when do D'lights I do it on stage to music. I usually throw it around pull it out of my shoe, put it in my mouth take it out of my ear, put it in my nose, things like that.