View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: head drop illusions
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:04 am 
Penguin

A lot of you guys have probably heard about this illusion or know how it's done....I've seen it but it hasn't caught my eye till now.Does anybody know any places i could buy this or learn this ?
thanx :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:58 am 
born to perform.

Just watch 40 greatest pranks did you? I believe Andrew Mayne has something like this.

Dylan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:30 am 
born to perform.

yea, andrew mayne has several body molds (or whatever he calls them). I think one of them is the head drop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:49 pm 
born to perform.

You mean like the Cyril head drop? I heard that costs a pretty penny. Ask forum member, "MichaelAngelo"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:23 am 
born to perform.

Cyril's Head Drop Illusion is the best, but still not worth it for i recall it going for $50,000

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:56 am 
born to perform.

there was a website selling a video of it for cheap

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:33 pm 
born to perform.

Sweepingreaper4 wrote:
Ask forum member "MichaelAngelo".

Oh boy...A few years ago, Harry Knight developed his "HEad off Shoulders" illusion...It was an affordable version of Cyril's ultra over-valued version. Harry and I teamed up to add improvements and market this illusion. It was agreed that this illusion would not be available just anywhere. Specific dealers were handpicked by Harry, himself and authorized to sell the HOS.

Enrique de la Vega, who is Cyril's right-hand man and one of the creators of T.H.E.M contacted me in an uproar because of the illusion. Apparently, we hit a nerve in the Takayama camp. He was upset that we were marketing an illusion that was teaching how to build the gimmick for less than $10, when Cyril's gimmick cost around $50,000. I have no proof whether or not it actually cost that much. The argument didn't result in their favor, as even though the illusion looked the same, the gimmick was made of different materials and was constructed differently. Basically, we took a different route than Cyril, yet ended up at the same destination. The only agreement made was that in the true HOS (not rip-offs), Cyril's name would not be used...As in "As performed by Cyril".

Therefore, if you see an ad for the "Head off Shoulders" illusion, and it's advertised "As performed by Cyril", it's a rip-off. I believe the price at the time of this product's popularity was $35-$40.

I may have a copy of the original notes and diagrams somewhere. If I do, you're more than welcome to have them. I have no use for them, and am no longer marketing the illusion, as our 2 year agreement is long expired.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:57 pm 
Emperor Penguin

MichalAngelo wrote:
Sweepingreaper4 wrote:

Oh boy...A few years ago, Harry Knight developed his "HEad off Shoulders" illusion...It was an affordable version of Cyril's ultra over-valued version. Harry and I teamed up to add improvements and market this illusion. It was agreed that this illusion would not be available just anywhere. Specific dealers were handpicked by Harry, himself and authorized to sell the HOS.

Enrique de la Vega, who is Cyril's right-hand man and one of the creators of T.H.E.M contacted me in an uproar because of the illusion. Apparently, we hit a nerve in the Takayama camp. He was upset that we were marketing an illusion that was teaching how to build the gimmick for less than $10, when Cyril's gimmick cost around $50,000. I have no proof whether or not it actually cost that much. The argument didn't result in their favor, as even though the illusion looked the same, the gimmick was made of different materials and was constructed differently. Basically, we took a different route than Cyril, yet ended up at the same destination. The only agreement made was that in the true HOS (not rip-offs), Cyril's name would not be used...As in "As performed by Cyril".

Therefore, if you see an ad for the "Head off Shoulders" illusion, and it's advertised "As performed by Cyril", it's a rip-off. I believe the price at the time of this product's popularity was $35-$40.

I may have a copy of the original notes and diagrams somewhere. If I do, you're more than welcome to have them. I have no use for them, and am no longer marketing the illusion, as our 2 year agreement is long expired.

I'd be interested. *hint hint*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:44 pm 
born to perform.

adjones wrote:
MichalAngelo wrote:
Sweepingreaper4 wrote:

As am I!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:59 pm 
born to perform.

I'm working on it. I have to go back three years in my files and locate the original notes and photos and such. I want to stress that I'm not putting this back on the market...I'm in no way interested in starting another marketing campaign with this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:51 pm 
born to perform.

evanbishop wrote:
adjones wrote:
MichalAngelo wrote:
Sweepingreaper4 wrote:

<story>

As am I!

Me three, please.

~Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:12 pm 
born to perform.

I think your best option would to either call off the offer or put the info in a ebook format. I think once you get the ball rolling you will have a lot of demand.

Dylan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:49 pm 
born to perform.

Once I saw some people on a Spanish television show pranking people with Cyril's gimmick. It was either the same one, or they built it themselves, but it looked exactly like Cyril's.
I wonder how they got it... :?

Post subject: Re: head drop illusions
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:12 pm 
Penguin

I'm interested in this as well. I think it'd be a lot of fun do do once in a while in a routine, and it'd make a great halloween costume if I don't want to spend any extra money. Haha.

Post subject: Re: head drop illusions
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:59 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Ruby city next to the Emerald city. Bob is wearing the Emerald Sneakers.
I know its past but I would love to have the notes.