View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Really Helpful
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:57 pm 
Penguin

This is fantastic that someone has taken the time to write reviews on Robert Giobbi's Card College Volumes 1-5 Books. They just so happen to be on my want list, right after I get myself a copy of Art of Astonishment Volume 1 and the Art of Astonishment Volume 3. I always thought that learning from books was a hard thing to do, but with the amount of information that has been accumulated over the years and put into those books, it definitely makes it all worth it and the pay-off really shows when you stun your target audience.

So please keep the reviews coming when you can with Giobbi's Card College, they're fun to read, and also gives me something to really look forward to once I get enough to purchase the whole set. Cheers. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:04 am 
Penguin

I will get the first book in a few days, pretty excited.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:51 pm 
Penguin

I'm 13 and have been doing card magic for over a year and I don't know which one to buy. (I know all of the basic fundamentals like those on Born to Perform.) Can someone suggest one that would be good for my skill level.

Some of my tricks are on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/amunson14

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:19 am 

Start at 1. I've been doing card magic longer than you've been alive and I started at 1 a couple of years ago. There are valuable tips that you may have missed from other sources.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:55 am 
born to perform.

I was 18 and had been doing card magic for three years when I purchased the set and I would have been remiss to not have purchased and thoroughly read the first volume first. DO NOT SKIP THE FIRST BOOK. He goes through some VERY basic information that you may be tempted to skip, but do yourself a favor and read every word in these books from the front cover of volume 1 to the back cover of volume 5.

I finished volume one and got up to the theory section of volume two and decided to go back to book one and re-read the whold thing VERY SLOWLY and methodically making absolutely sure that I had mastered the techniques therein. So I am currently about half way through the first volume for the second time.

That ought to give you an idea of how important/vital/applicable the information in volume one is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:00 am 

It's obviously paid off. Watch Connor's videos online. Brilliant work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:36 pm 
born to perform.

oh, I feel so flattered. :oops: :lol: But yea, amunson, I watched some of your youtube videos to get an idea of where you're at. DEFINATELY read volume one first. It's not nearly as basic as you probably think it is. Well the first quarter of it is pretty basic but that doesn't matter. The basics are there for a reason, They're the foundation on which the rest of your card magic stands.

By the way, go take a look at jeff's videos too. He has some really great stuff on youtube aswell, which is just more evidence too how great card college really is.

Post subject: Re: Card College Summary (All Volumes)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:48 am 
Penguin

Say, does anybody know if it's more worthwhile to go for the books, or the DVDs?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:50 am 
Penguin

The books are better. The DVDs are only for books 1 and 2. I don't own them, but from what I'm told, they don't even have audio. There aren't any tricks either, it's just the sleights. I think someone can clarify this. Get this if you're having a hard time visualling what needs to be done, but no matter what you need the books. Lots of tips on even the most basic sleights that you might already know.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:24 am 
Penguin

Oh cool, thanks. Now just to scrounge up the 150 for the books...

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:04 pm 
Penguin

What is the difference between the regular card college series and then the light, lighter, and lightest?

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:54 pm 
Penguin

The Card College Light series is (I believe) mostly comprised of self-working/easy tricks, while the regular CC series has tricks and sleights. I don't have the Light series, but the original five CC books are the best magic books I have ever bought, period. Volume 5 alone has so many killer effects that it boggles my mind.