View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:20 am 
born to perform.

What is the pay with these three jobs?
It must be fairly low if you can't pay for magic aside from necessities.
If you truly can't get by and still have left over cash for magic, then you should just focus yourself on your priorities (house, food, new car perhaps), then, once you stabilize, work on magic.
Finally, if you can't stand to do that, just go to your library. I'll bet you could request that they order in some of the books you're looking for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:39 am 
Penguin

Grocery store: $100/wk
Tutoring number 1: $50/wk
Tutoring number 2: $100/wk.
That nets me $250/wk. Rent is 700/month, insurance 200/month, phone $40/month, food $40/month (I can't shop any cheaper,) and $20/month to the person giving me a ride. (Thankfully, gas is cheap these days.)
I won't stabilize until I'm out of college, in a couple of years. If I must wait, I can, but I'd rather not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:37 am 
Penguin

While your specific request is not going to be exposed/revealed here...

I would suggest going to Public Libraries or at your school....you should find magic books there...as well as mentalism tricks in these books.

No $$ reasons for not doing that...Right ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:05 am 
Penguin

kconnors wrote:
While your specific request is not going to be exposed/revealed here...

I would suggest going to Public Libraries or at your school....you should find magic books there...as well as mentalism tricks in these books.

No $$ reasons for not doing that...Right ?

See, I would do that. I learned how the razor swallowing trick was done; and that's the problem. It's a hick town, so the library only carries outdated magic books. (I did pick one neat trick up, it involves blowing smoke from an empty corncob pipe. If my chemistry knowledge serves me, though, I may only want to do it with a mouthful of tums; gaseous hydrochloric acid tends to burn things. On a side note, that's probably why the trick faded into obscurity. If you inhale with one of these puppies, it'll reduce your lungs to a puddle.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:59 am 
born to perform.

planeswalker321 wrote:
Rent is 700/month

Get a room mate! Or move into the dorms. $700/month is crazy.

Best,

Doug L.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:47 am 
Penguin

DVLKCC wrote:
planeswalker321 wrote:
Rent is 700/month

Best,

Doug L.

I live in NJ. 700 is cheap there.
Anyway, it doesn't matter much. I got a hold of Prism, and honestly, Korinda's was better. The only good thing he did was point me towards Uri Gellar for PK effects, but I already knew that. Thanks for all your help.

Post subject: RECESSION PREDICTION SYSTEM
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:48 am 
Penguin

if you are interested in an economical and devastating prediction system (the "Recession Prediction System" ; Ebook format), go take a look at http://brunonoulet.net/recession_predic ... nglish.htm .

this is mentioned as "[...] the perfect showpiece to end your mentalism performance. Your prediction will always be 100% accurate with all the choice of your spectators. Direct, clean. Ultimate and totally impossible ! Adaptable to all your themes, scripts..."

"My solution has found its inspiration, a few years ago, because or let’s rather say thanks to my frustration to not being able to invest in a « Master Prediction System » ([edited] Zimmerman) (a frustration that many magicians/mentalists neither rich nor necessarily professionals must feel) [...]"

you should love it.

Post subject: Re: RECESSION PREDICTION SYSTEM
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:04 am 
Penguin

hephephep wrote:
if you are interested in an economical and devastating prediction system (the "Recession Prediction System" ; Ebook format), go take a look at http://brunonoulet.net/recession_predic ... nglish.htm .

this is mentioned as "[...] the perfect showpiece to end your mentalism performance. Your prediction will always be 100% accurate with all the choice of your spectators. Direct, clean. Ultimate and totally impossible ! Adaptable to all your themes, scripts..."

"My solution has found its inspiration, a few years ago, because or let’s rather say thanks to my frustration to not being able to invest in a « Master Prediction System » ([edited] Zimmerman) (a frustration that many magicians/mentalists neither rich nor necessarily professionals must feel) [...]"

you should love it.

you will find a review here : http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view ... pic=333296

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:53 am 
born to perform.

planeswalker321 wrote:
DVLKCC wrote:
planeswalker321 wrote:
Rent is 700/month

Best,

Doug L.

I live in NJ. 700 is cheap there.

Let me be honest with you, I am in a beach front apartment (huge for an apartment) that cost $1.5mil and we pay $500 rent.

And that is in Australian dollars. So you are getting OWNED. (My parent's pay the rent, I'm just giving you the example of why that is way too much for anything)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:02 am 

It all depends on where you live. In Las Vegas, $700 doesn't get you much at all.

Rather than fuss over how much rent we think he should pay, why don't we just help the guy?

Besides, he made this request nearly 10 months ago and he hasn't been back for 9 months. I doubt he's even reading these reponses any more so I'm going to do the only logical thing...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2