View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:07 pm 
born to perform.

mws7020 wrote:
I do magic and I live by you... Meet me in the alley on the corner of 5th St. and 6th St tomorrow night at 11. Just don't tell anyone, Im bring magic and I dont want anyone to see how they are done. :lol:

Oh, I understand... I don't think there is any magic. :wink:

1234!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:26 pm 
born to perform.

jonathan_thegreat wrote:
i really want to open up a magic shop when i get older because in our area magics not that popular so i want to change that

It's cool you want to get people into magic, but buying a business (expecially ones wich shut down alot like magic shops) might be very risky. I know itd be fun but if people arn't interested I wouldn't go into business with it. Maybe you could organise a club instead?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:08 pm 
born to perform.

well it wouldnt be till i was older like in 40s and its just an idea i probably want do it but i might one day who knows

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:10 pm 
born to perform.

i could start a club but not any time soon i need to get a job right now but i will think about that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:13 pm 
Emperor Penguin

jonathan_thegreat wrote:
im all alone lol i really have never met another magician in my area

ive met people who might know some easy card trick they got off the internet but knowone into magic like me:(

There has never been a magician within 60 miles of me, still isn't. The first 20 years of my career I seen only several magicians, but that never stopped me. Hanging out with other magic enthusiasts can be fun, but it is not necessary at all. It is usually a lot better than the forums though. But the forums is the only contact I have most of the time, namely because I am too busy to travel to where other magicians are much. Which is why I am creating my own IBM club soon in town here.

A club that I wished I had growing up. But it is fun to meet other magicians once in awhile to share experiences and insight, provided to you meet the "right" ones. I try to meet up with one at least once every couple of months until my club gets up and running. But as I said none live near me that I know of, which I am sure my club will change in time.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:48 pm 
Team Penguin

Popchris wrote:
I live in Georgia and know lots of fantastic performers who live near me and jam with me a lot. I live in a lil' part too. They are out there, you just have to find them.

Granted, Chris' "Lil' part" ain't NUTHIN like my little part of Georgia!

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:02 pm 
born to perform.

KyletheGreat wrote:
Popchris wrote:
I live in Georgia and know lots of fantastic performers who live near me and jam with me a lot. I live in a lil' part too. They are out there, you just have to find them.

Granted, Chris' "Lil' part" ain't NUTHIN like my little part of Georgia!

u should have a georgia party

Post subject: Re: anyone live around or in my area
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:20 pm 
born to perform.

I live right around Atlantic City New Jersey, so I've worked with and/or am friends with at last count 12 magicians in my town alone. On Saturday, I did close up for a charity show for a high school in my town before, during intermission, and after a show with two other magicians who did a stage show. Just at this show, there was maybe 10 magicians that showed up to watch and I ended up talking to after the show. I am lucky to be surrounded!