View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:31 pm 
Emperor Penguin

4_6 wrote:
Sirbrad get a load of this lol!!! Just kidding, I am not planning on buyng the course $97 seems too steep. Maybe in the future though, why did Zach get banned from the cafe?

More like $121 now. Another clever marketing scheme, he pitched that the price was going to go up in hopes that lots of orders would come in. Ironically, I was saving up to get it, but now I will not be at that price. If there was a book/CD's/MP3's perhaps, but not a "web server course."

Post subject: Platinum is even worse
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:33 pm 
Penguin

It costs over 150 dollars to get the platinum edition.

-Jordan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:37 pm 
born to perform.

I would think that buying them dessert would be counter-active to what you're goal is, (making MORE money). But more than that, I think it's a liability that the management of the establishment probably doesn't want. They're not going to think that YOU paid for it. They're going to think it was comped. And they may expect the same treatment the next time their in; simply because they "got it last time." They may tell their friends and then the establishment would get more visitors expecting the same thing - whether or not you are there at the time and whether or not it is logical for them to assume this. This would be a problem for the establishment's management and their bottom line. It also makes you seem to be a member of management and therefore, capable of, and responsible for, addressing issues far outside of your scope of influence.

Not only do I think it's a bad idea; I would be willing to bet that the management of the establishment where you're performing would also believe it to be a bad idea. I'd check first. Well, I'd not do it. But if you're going to do it anyhow; I'd check first.

Now, I've had offers from the customers to buy ME a drink or share in their appetizer. But I've never felt compelled to do that for them. If offered a food item, I smile, tell them that I am honored by their offer; but am unable to accept it. This is a perfect time for the appearance of your business card for that future gig you were hoping to get by buying dessert. As you tell them you can't accept their offer, you can offer a business card and say, "however, if you would keep me in mind for any future events, it would be my pleasure to perform for you again."

If you perform an illusion with a signed object or give something away, (like a napkin rose), then you're going to be remembered. You don't want to buy dessert. You want to provide them with the means to get in touch with you when they do think of you again.

Post subject: Wow
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:01 pm 
Penguin

B_Slapped!

People are allowed to post their opinions and thoughts on a thread despite the fact that others may or may not hold that same opinion. Chill out. That's why it's called a discussion forum.

Post subject: Re: Wow
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:12 pm 
born to perform.

will_pay_for_LESSONS wrote:
B_Slapped!

People are allowed to post their opinions and thoughts on a thread despite the fact that others may or may not hold that same opinion. Chill out. That's why it's called a discussion forum.

Were you referring to my post?

Mod edit: No, I wasn't referring to your post. If you have an issue or question about any mod edit made, please send a PM to the mod in question instead of starting a debate on someone's thread. It could be a simple misunderstanding and easily cleared up, as is the case here. Let's keep this thread on topic please. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:49 pm 

B_Slaps are issued by this guy Image who is a Mod here. He was chastising "will_pay_for_lessons" for something he wrote.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:29 pm 
born to perform.

DaveV wrote:
B_Slaps are issued by this guy Image who is a Mod here. He was chastising "will_pay_for_lessons" for something he wrote.

So noted.
Thanx.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:25 pm 
born to perform.

B-B-B Magiccc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:58 pm 
Emperor Penguin

RadioRob wrote:

If you perform an illusion with a signed object or give something away, (like a napkin rose), then you're going to be remembered. You don't want to buy dessert. You want to provide them with the means to get in touch with you when they do think of you again.

Willpayforlessons "chastised" you, exclaiming that he wrote this paragraph already, and that you either copied it or didn't read it. That is what happened.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:49 pm 

The mod note was and will always be referring to the post that the note is on, not referring to any other posts prior to or after it.

If there was a problem with what you wrote, I would have of course modded YOUR post, not will_pay_for_LESSON's. LOL.

The B_slap was defending your post, RadioBob. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:56 pm 
Penguin

I wasn't chastising anyone. I was just trying to let RadioRob know that I had already written something that was very similar to what he had written and that it would be a good idea to read all of the messages previous to writing a reply to something/on a certain subject. If I said it in a mean manner, which I don't believe that I did, but if I did then I am sorry. I am just trying to keep there from being more than one post saying the same thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:18 am 

will_pay,

My point, and the reason why you were modded, is that people here may have the same opinion as others, and even though those opinions are similar everyone is entitled to share them. RadioRob was expressing his opinion, which happened to be similar to yours. There was no reason for you to come down on him about his post.

If it were just informative, I could understand your point. But as it were I had to throw a B_slap on ya.

B

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:55 am 
Emperor Penguin

Also not everyone has the time to read every post, they just add their thoughts quickly and move on. No big deal. There is no rule that one must read every post of a thread before posting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:04 pm 
born to perform.

sirbrad wrote:
RadioRob wrote:

Willpayforlessons "chastised" you, exclaiming that he wrote this paragraph already, and that you either copied it or didn't read it. That is what happened.

Didn't read it. I doubt copying was truly a concern; as I find it hard to believe that both statements are worded exactly the same.

But my time to read/post on this - or any other board - is often limited; as it was then, (and now). When there are a lot of replies to a particular post/topic, I will often post my thoughts first and go back to read the posts inbetween when I have that opportunity. Such was the case here. I read the first post, one or two after and then decided to post my thoughts on the matter.

The fact that someone posted something similar does not indicate that anything was copied - it merely strengthens and verifies that particular thought, idea or point of view.

Last edited by RadioRob on Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:10 pm 
born to perform.

B_Magic wrote:
The mod note was and will always be referring to the post that the note is on, not referring to any other posts prior to or after it.

If there was a problem with what you wrote, I would have of course modded YOUR post, not will_pay_for_LESSON's. LOL.

The B_slap was defending your post, RadioBob. :wink:

Thanks. And sorry for the confusion.
I read. I post. Beyond that, I'm not real savvy on discussion board lingo/behavior.
It looked like will_pay_for_LESSON had posted it.
Again, I apologize for my confusion.