View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Not another 3 fly question.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:33 pm 
Penguin

Hey Everyone!

I just need some advice from the seasoned coin workers. I am rather new to coins, and am currently working on a 3 fly for walk-around/restaurant use. I was wondering what coins I should go with. I'll be having a set of lassens made, so I would like to know what will be best in the long run.

As stated before this is a 3 fly for "mainly" restaurant settings. Morgan's or Walking Liberties? They're both beautiful coins, but which do you find best to work with? If it matters, the 3 fly in question is a variation of Kranzo's "THE coin routine"

Lastly, soft or shiny? I personally prefer the soft versions of each coin, but was curious to hear some input.

On a last note, my hands are not incredibly large, but nor are they small. For reference my hand is approx 7.25 inches from base to tip (18.4cm), and about 4 inches wide (about 10 cm). Will I find Morgan's to large?

Thank you for all of your help,

-Blake

P.S.-What do you transport your Morgan's in?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:57 pm 
born to perform.

I would go with either a Locking Sliding Shell, an Expanded Shell, a Flipper coin, or a Split Coin. Those are all great for Three Fly.

BUT, if you're just starting I wouldn't recommend getting a Lassen set first. I PMed you.

You should get 'soft' coins, especially for Three Fly. They allow coins to slide up and down each other and make minimal noise.

I used to use Morgans, but changed to Walking Liberties. I use a Split Coin for my Three Fly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:24 pm 
Penguin

Ah, I looked over my original post, and I meant to say "im just getting started on RESTAURANT" coin magic.

I have been using these crappy tango pieces for as long as I can remember, and would like to get a nice new set as I move it into restaurants. I will be getting an expanded shell, thats all that I need for the routine I do.

Soft coins-noted. Thank you. I believe i'll go for walking liberties. I plan to wait for a few more replies to see if everyone can come to a consensus, but I think ill end up with liberties.

Thank you!

-Blake

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:59 pm 

If you're just getting started with coins, you definitely need to avoid Lassen and Schoolcraft. You should probably even avoid Three Fly. For restaurants, you want to avoid the hard stuff until your comfortable performing. If you still feel comfortable, get Daryl or R Paul Wilson's handlings of Three Fly that don't require anything more than a set of soft coins.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:03 pm 
Penguin

I DO coin magic, I DONT DO restaurant coin magic. I have a 3 fly routine that I currently perform. My current shell set sucks. I need a new one. I plan to purchase a nice set instead of grabbing more tango's.

Lassen or Schoolcraft?

Morgan's or Liberties?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:48 pm 
born to perform.

Between Lassen and Schoolcraft, Lassen is the way to go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:41 am 
born to perform.

For 3 fly routine I HIGHLY recommend: Todd Lassen

Todd can make you a very nice locking/sliding shell. Get it in Morgan Silver Dollar, real shiny to catch any light in the room!!

Best,

Doug L.