View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Birthday
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:26 am 
Penguin

Peanut Butter and Jelly

Coloring book

Face painting for all the kids

Balloon animator bag to introduce balloons

Make each kid a balloon

Thank the mom, collect $125 and leave...ONE HOUR AND THE KIDS STAY INTERESTED!

Post subject: Re: Birthday
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:56 am 
born to perform.

Hot_2_Trot wrote:
Peanut Butter and Jelly

Coloring book

Face painting for all the kids

Balloon animator bag to introduce balloons

Make each kid a balloon

Thank the mom, collect $125 and leave...ONE HOUR AND THE KIDS STAY INTERESTED!

And they're okay with sitting there doing nothing while you're painting another kid's face? Then doing it again while you're making another kid's balloon? Let's not forget the fact that there is almost zero magic in your "Magic Show".

TT and Silk warm-up
Sponge Balls - Color Changing Ball to Jumbo Square
Coloring Book Monte
Octopus Time (creation of a massive balloon octopus)
Torn and Restored Sponge Bob + Production of sponge
Candy production from empty bag

This show can go anywhere from 30minutes to 45minutes.

Balloon animals for all of the kids: For the typical 8 kids - it adds maybe 5 minutes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:43 pm 
Penguin

kristenl wrote:
Busy in an understatement! She's been practicing diligently.

This is what we have to look forward to in just the next few weeks: We go on vacation (yes, visiting the Castle!), then she leaves for Leadership camp, she comes back has a day to practice and then she is going to compete in our Assembly's Stage Contest, which she has decided she wants to compete in the Professional division-- of course, that means it will be harder. I suggested trying for the Amateur division since this is her first contest, but what do I know? LOL I guess it is a good thing she likes to challenge herself! Then, that weekend she has a show, followed by the next weekend where she has 2 shows.

LOL, I'm already tired and summer hasn't even started! It's been a mass of juggling preparing for all the different shows and practices. Of course, they all are based on pretty much the same program, but she is tweaking each for that particular event. Mix that in with her studying for finals and we've been running! After that though it will be quieter as she doesn't have any more stage shows until August, at least at this point. She may be doing one on July 4th, but that isn't confirmed yet.

We'll see what happens also once she does the public performances for the rest of the summer. They usually spark the private party bookings. Its the only form of advertising she has done in the past. Although, another magician friend said last night that he'd also be willing to give her referrals if she would like them, so that's pretty cool. That gives her two different referral sources so we'll just see how it goes and whether or not she is going to need to do any other form of advertising or not. She has decided that she wants to open up her calendar year-round. In the past she has only performed in summer.

Always new adventures!

Again, glad to see you posting! It's been pretty quiet around here. :D
Hi Kristen,

I guess it's time I make my monthly appearance here on Penguin! LOL

Sorry once again for the delay in responding. What can I say? I may be around a bit more often now, though. Great to see you still posting.

Hey, I'm assuming your daughter has competed in the competition you mentioned here in your post I quoted. How did she do and did she enter the professional contest or amateur one? Great to see she has some shows booked as well.

And how was the trip to the 'Castle' and who did you see perform? I've never been there but hope to one day.

You seem to be busy as a family but I like it that you do things as a 'family' as this is pretty much unheard of these days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:42 pm 
Penguin

i dont have any tricks for little kids. i at least want one. is there anything you can recommend

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:21 pm 
Penguin

magicdude891 wrote:
i dont have any tricks for little kids. i at least want one. is there anything you can recommend

spongeballs :D

Post subject: '
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:53 am 
born to perform.

Going by the questions asked it's obvious the posters have read nothing or studied up on kid shows.
If you take the time and effort to research this craft you will find all your questions answered.
IF you really want to put together a great show you should first take in the oodles of material out there that will get you started the right way.
But how many times have we all said that over the years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:42 pm 
born to perform.

I've done fewer and fewer birthday parties in the last couple of years. I tend to do more corporate walk-around stuff and church (kids) programs. Be it a birthday party or a kids program for church, (while they are each different in some of the content and structure); my set is usually 25 to 45. 45 minutes is generally too long to expect to keep the attention span of the children, (depending, of course, on their age and the dynamics of your program). A half an hour of planned stuff is probably a good idea and a fair deal for the hosts. Having an extra ten to fifteen minutes of additional material for possible "impromptu" magic or higher-brow stuff for the adults at the party is a good cushion to have, as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:38 pm 
Penguin

i know my question does not apply to the topic
but would kids like to see card or coin magic?

Post subject: '
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:32 am 
born to perform.

Neither is very good for "Kid shows" but if I had to pick one it would be coins. If that's your two best items for a kid show you are in lots of trouble.