View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: CV2
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:40 pm 
Penguin

Thanks Lance for your very kind comments,

Coinvexed 2 will be launched at the Blackpool convention at the end of February in the UK. It really is a fantastic convention if you ever go to the UK try to time it with this event! It is officially the worlds largest convention.

Once CV2 is launched it will hopefully go world wide but that depends if World Magic Shop decide to wholesale it.

The video should be up in about a week and a half but you should see genuine reviews appear after the Convention.

Cheers guys,

David

Post subject: ee
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:12 am 
born to perform.

ee

Last edited by aces_up_41 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:29 pm 

I'm unsure about Coinvexed 2, which I heard was going to be a significant and "quantum bender like" improvement to the original effect, but what I can say is that I've worked with both Coinvexed and QB and the quantum bender beats out Coinvexed (original) hands down. QB is easier, less messy, and makes much more sense from a performing aspect Coinvexed.

Coinvexed gets the job done and its cheaper, but there's a lot that I don't like about the routining and what must be done in order to bend the coin with it. With Quantum Bender its a very simple, straight-forward process that really makes sense and is motivated throughout the process. That said, Quantum is also much more expensive and for that reason alone many magicians will not purchase it.

I'll reserve judgment on Coinvexed 2 until I can see what it's all about, but for now there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Quantum Bender is the best coin bending apparatus that I've ever seen or heard of.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:44 pm 
Penguin

Hey david, sent you a PM. Respond when u get the chance. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:10 am 
Penguin

I'm just going to post it here so it can be answered publicly instead.

Hello David!

I just had a few questions regarding your new device. I need a coin bender for real world use that can be used in both casual and dress clothes. Are sleeves required? Is the 2 coin routine necessary?

I guess what I really need is a rundown comparison of the 2 devices. I have decided to purchase one or the other, but if i'm going to pick one up I want to grab the best there is. If CV2 can stand up, ill definately spring for that (you definately have the price advantage), but if i'd end up buying QB2 anyway i'd rather not bother with CV2.

Thank you for your time,

Blake

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:25 am 
Penguin

Hi Guys,

It is difficult to give you all the information about CV2 without revealing any part of the methodology and gimmick design.
The official launch isn’t until February 20th in the UK. Once it is officially launched at the convention I will be happy to provide more information and I am sure that you will be reassured by the reviews.
It way be worth hanging on before making any big purchasers.

All the best

David

The following post was taken from the magic cafe:

A interesting story. I had purchased Coinvexed and thought it could be so much better. I had a brilliant idea and designed a solution to my handling problems. I contacted David Penn with my idea and found out he had thought of it as well and had produced prototypes. They sent me one to evaluate so I have seen it and I will say this.
1) It does not resemble in any way the method used by QB 2 - which I own.
2) If this would have been the original design I would have never bought the QB 2.
IMHO this is a great change to the design. It is different in design and handling from QB 2. It will offer additional flexibility to your routines.
I don't want to say anything else until it is released.

Tom Paxton

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view ... 9&start=30

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:04 pm 

Sounds promising. I'm definitely intrigued!

B

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:20 pm 
Penguin

As am I!

Just a few more things, hows pocket space? Can I have it in one pocket and be good to go, or do I need it in multiple places?

My only and last concern is its practicality. If someone says "bend this coin", do I need to reply with "yea, just give me 5 seconds to get everything in order"? For instance, needing to pull out some of my own change to set it. Or can I pull out the sharpie and be g2g. With QB2 its easy to jump right in. Is it just as easy with CV2? Thanks.

-Blake

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:46 pm 
Penguin

bump

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:45 am 
Penguin

MrMagic93 wrote:
As am I!

Just a few more things, hows pocket space? Can I have it in one pocket and be good to go, or do I need it in multiple places?

My only and last concern is its practicality. If someone says "bend this coin", do I need to reply with "yea, just give me 5 seconds to get everything in order"? For instance, needing to pull out some of my own change to set it. Or can I pull out the sharpie and be g2g. With QB2 its easy to jump right in. Is it just as easy with CV2? Thanks.

-Blake

Hi Guys,

Sorry I have been away for a few days. This is the first chance I have had to answer your questions.

Before I go any further I would also like to say that I do like the Quantum bender as a device. In fact I have a routine on my Lecture DVD, that is reviewed in MAGIC magazine this month, using the QB2 as a finale to Coinvexed. I like this because in this routine I end up with two coins bent with very different bends. The first happens in their hands and the last is a visual bend at the fingertips. Naturally though if I was just bending the one coin I would always prefer the Coinvexed 2 which I have had for about six months now.

I just wanted to make it clear that I also see the potential of such a fantastic device as the QB2 and didn’t want people to think I was knocking it due to the nature of this thread.

CV2 is a completely different animal. The design is unique and I think the gimmick is even more covert than CV1. I am not allowed to say too much about it until the launch out of respect to the guys at world magic shop who have invested so much cash bringing this to market.

Blake,
I have no problem though revealing that CV2 will use just one pocket for your ‘loose coins’ and your sharpie. The sharpie is just one sharpie that is used to initial/mark the coin. I hope that this answers your pocket management question. You also don’t require sleeves which was another question you asked.

If someone says “there is a coin for you, now bend it” I personally would not perform the effect with any device because it would be obvious that they were expecting the effect and I would not get the response I desired. All this aside, you can still use CV2 in this circumstance if you want to. Hope this helps you Blake.

The launch is only 9 days away and I am really looking forward to it. Their will be a lot more information then on this new device.

All the best,

David Penn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:23 am 
born to perform.

HI, I heard if you have the CV1 there will be a upgrade kit you can buy to make it the CV2. Is this true? Will the price of the CV2 be the same as the CV1 and if there is a upgrade kit will it be cheeper than the CV?

Thanks, I am looking forward to seeing this.

Lance.

Post subject: polow7
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:44 pm 
Penguin

i really want to purshase this product. can anyone put a video of it like this i get an idea of the product and than decide if to pre-order or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:19 pm 
Penguin

David:

Thank you very much! That was everything I needed to know. Im with everyone else here, im standing on the edge. I'll probably wait for a demo video and the release, but this looks incredibly promising.

I appreciate all of your honesty as well.

Thanks again,

Blake

Post subject: ff
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:14 am 
born to perform.

ff

Last edited by aces_up_41 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Quantum bender vs. coinvexed
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:57 pm 
Penguin

benji11 wrote:
Quantum Bender:
The sharpie they sign the coin with is a NORMAL sharpie. There is nothing wrong with the sharpie as they sign the coin so they can handle it as much as they want.

Coinvexed:
To perform Coinvexed you NEED to pull out a bunch of change from your pocket. The routine he provides is where you have two coins signed and one of them bends...the ONLY reason for having a second coin signed is to provide misdirection to bend the first coin and this is the HUGE flaw in this routine.

Quantum Bender is a lot better than Coinvexed for several reasons. It doesn't take up pocket space. It doesn't have useless misdirection built into the routine to make the bend. And there is nothing for them to look for...all they know is that you have a sharpie and their coin.