View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: how much should i charge for a wedding or party.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:32 pm 
Penguin

how much should i charge for a wedding or party.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:54 pm 
born to perform.

How much are you worth?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:30 pm 
Penguin

i dont really know how much anyone would charge so thats why im asking the question. if you mean how good i am then i would say pretty darn good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:42 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Waiting as a final load under a very large set of cups. It is dark......
Based on your name, your grammar, and your lack of following punctuation and capitalization rules, I assume that you're a kid. I may be wrong though. Kids aren't really ready to be taken professionally, and like Paddy would say, "You'll be a cute kid showing off tricks." If you're not a kid, you still seem pretty arrogant and egotistical. "How many magicians does is take to change a light bulb? -Six, one to change the bulb, and five others to say how much better they could've done it..."

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:35 pm 
Penguin

i know a kid who is 15 and works at a five star restaurant. if you look you can find a few teenagers that work restaurants. there are alot here on penguin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:48 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Actually, there are very few teens on this site who are work at restaurants. Also, you must clarify what you mean about a kid working at a five star restaurant means. Is he doing the dishes there? Then it is no big deal.

As far as your worth, call other entertainers in your area and check out their prices. Tell them you're interested in hiring entertainment, and just get a basic quote. Then go from there. You don't want to undercut everyone else. However, you better be able to give the people what they paid for. Otherwise, you will ruin your reputation, and hurt your chances of ever getting another job in magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:02 pm 
Penguin

what would i do to ruin myself. i want to know because i dont want that to happen. can you give me some tips.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:10 am 

Charging the same rate or more that more experienced pros in your area are charging and not delivering a killer show can hurt you pretty badly. The easiest answer is talk to someone you trust in the performing market or just call other performers and get quotes. You don't want to undercut them, but at the same time, you can't honestly say you're worth the same as them for your first show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:05 am 
born to perform.

Bicycle12 wrote:
Based on your name, your grammar, and your lack of following punctuation and capitalization rules, I assume that you're a kid. I may be wrong though. Kids aren't really ready to be taken professionally, and like Paddy would say, "You'll be a cute kid showing off tricks."

Actually, paddy already told him that. It's his last comment in this thread:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/discuss/vie ... p?t=152617

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:09 pm 

I like the way you sneak the same question into 2 topics. Already answered, already locked.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]