View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Crazy story with something you can do.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:33 pm 
born to perform.

For the past year or so I have started a new experiment with magic. It is something so stupidly easy that you at home can start doing it right now. That's right, now. Quickly grab any small object that is a little obscure. A marble? A crayon? Birthday candle? Anything but make sure that you don't see them everywhere. Got it good.

Well this is the story. One day I was walking down the street when this group of boys saw me. They knew me even though I had no clue who they were. One of them was looking for his wallet and pulled a nail out of his pocket. It was an exact match to the nail i use for my blockhead routine and I had 2 of them on me.
Time passed and they eventually wanted to see a trick. I said fine and asked them to turn out there pockets. I "noticed" the nail and asked where he got it. "In the gutter", he said. I asked if they would like to see something really strange and they agreed. I turned and secretly pulled a nail from my pocket saying that I did not want to ruin his nail. I reached up to the nail and split it into 2. They went wild. I then went into my blockhead routine and amazed them some more. I was high off the energy around us. They asked if I could split the nail again and I happily obliged completely flooring them.

It was one of the best performances I have given and I did it all by sheer chance. They were amazed because it would be outrageous to assume that I just happened to carry 2 of the exact same nail he had found. It had to be something more then chance. But it was not.

Every day now I pick up a small random item and carry it with me all day. If I see the chance I use it and it always kills. You may think it unlikely but I usually use 1 out of 7 objects in this way. That means that in a week of carrying around a small object I will blow someones mind once.

So now it is your turn. Grab that broken computer key or bike valve cover and amaze people. Try it and post how it went here. Sure would love to hear how it goes.

As always,
Dylan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:46 pm 
Team Penguin

That is definitly awesome. I am going to try that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:40 pm 
born to perform.

That's an awesome idea Dylan! Will definitely try it some day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:53 am 
born to perform.

Great story and great idea! Thanks for sharing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:02 am 
born to perform.

yeah, luck is also a method. great story!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:49 am 
born to perform.

I always carry a quarter around which I have noted the date on. Sure, it might not be the most random object, but I could still do a lot with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:38 pm 
Team Penguin

I tried this with a love note I found. The performance was really weird and a bit awkward but everybody ate it up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:51 am 
born to perform.

girspiggy wrote:
I tried this with a love note I found. The performance was really weird and a bit awkward but everybody ate it up.

What did you do with it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:34 pm 
Team Penguin

It's difficult to explain. I basically used this story kind of idea about an egyptian who can find anything in anything and he could know what somebody was thinking or what they have done in their lives etc. So I took that and did a very basic cold reading approach with it after loosing a card previously and revealing it by reading the note.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:55 pm 
born to perform.

girspiggy wrote:
It's difficult to explain. I basically used this story kind of idea about an egyptian who can find anything in anything and he could know what somebody was thinking or what they have done in their lives etc. So I took that and did a very basic cold reading approach with it after loosing a card previously and revealing it by reading the note.

Cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:04 am 
born to perform.

On a kind of related note to day I was feeling strangely creative so I filled a playing card box with Rice Crispies for no reason at all. Popped it in my pocket and was off for a day on the town.

Later I was working on some simple card stuff for a few guys and was finishing up when one guy asks if I could do one more before he got lunch. I told him that we might be able to kill 2 birds with one stone, switched the boxes in my pocket and... well lets just say everyone got covered with Rice Crispies but talked about it the rest of the day.

P.S. "Snap Crackle Pop" is now my magic phrase.

As always,
Dylan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:09 am 
born to perform.

juliegel wrote:
On a kind of related note to day I was feeling strangely creative so I filled a playing card box with Rice Crispies for no reason at all. Popped it in my pocket and was off for a day on the town.

Later I was working on some simple card stuff for a few guys and was finishing up when one guy asks if I could do one more before he got lunch. I told him that we might be able to kill 2 birds with one stone, switched the boxes in my pocket and... well lets just say everyone got covered with Rice Crispies but talked about it the rest of the day.

As always,
Dylan

How would you ever think to fill a card box with Rice Crispies? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:34 pm 
born to perform.

Maloney123 wrote:
juliegel wrote:

As always,
Dylan

It is just how I think. I like to keep people aware that what they think can be way different then the reality. If you would like insight on how really wild creative thinking works pick up Dan Sylvesters notes on the subject.

As aways,
Dylan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:47 pm 
born to perform.

juliegel wrote:
Maloney123 wrote:
juliegel wrote:

As always,
Dylan

It is just how I think. I like to keep people aware that what they think can be way different then the reality. If you would like insight on how really wild creative thinking works pick up Dan Sylvesters notes on the subject.

As aways,
Dylan

I'm going to paint the letters VG on my back. I'll see what happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:15 pm 
born to perform.

Whoo. I got one crazy story.

It all started with finding an cell phone on the street. Me and my buds saw that it was for the most part broken. We started playing hackysack with the phone. One bad kick sent the phone to the wall where it split in two. Remembering my Random Object Principal I picked up the top screen part ( the top was intact, the bottom part was shattered), and put it in my pocket.

The day went on and while waiting in line at Micky Dees I saw someone I kind of knew talking on a phone that looked a heck of a lot like the one I had in my pocket. A plan started to form.

I walked up and asked if they would like to see something cool. I asked for their cell phone as I palmed the broken piece. I complimented them on how well they treated their phone as I placed the fake piece screen down on top of the real phone. I flipped the top fake portion up so it looked exactly like a regular phone as I complemented on the wallpaper that I could not see. I was holding his phone closed in my palm with the fake top propped up on top of the real phone.
I quickly grabbed the fake top and real bottom and slammed the whole thing over my leg. The phone "broke" in two. I flashed both pieces as they began yelling at me. I told them not to worry as I placed the fake top back on the real phone. I pushed on the phone as I palmed off the fake top and tossed their phone back to them.
He was floored. Why would he not be. I took his phone smashed it in two and then fixed it before hi eyes. I love ROP.

As always,
Dylan