Thanks for the input guys,
My next big public performance is on Saturday March 28th. It's for the Spokane Basketball Officials Association. I have 30 minutes to entertain about 175 Referees and their spouses. I was considering a similar set list.
Sweepingreaper, how could I improve it? Here are my constraints;
1. I don't want to take huge stuff for a one off 30 minute show (I have a Doll House, Sword Boxes, Flash appearance, etc. They are hard to move around, I'm setting them up for my run of 6 shows over two weekends at a local theater in April)
2. I don't have advanced access to the room and I don't believe it has a stage (it's at a Casino in Spokane)
3. For this performance I'm a 1 man show, no assistants.
I had an idea that I could use my briefcase to pull out a basketball and officiating uniform to make it fit the crowd but I need other ideas.
This is just my opinion and i am not a stage guy so don't invest a whole lot in what I have to say unless you agree completely.
- I wouldn't have done some of the close-up stuff. 2$ window, misled, STS. idk. I feel part of the power of those illusions is that they are up-close and personal. I think doing them from so far away is selling them short but if that's what you've got, go right ahead and even more importantly, if they're working for you, by all means perform them.
- For clutch did you bring some one on stage? If you want to do a card trick on stage, clutch is the one to perform.