View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Anniversary Waltz
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:39 pm 
born to perform.

I don't perform a lot of magic at school unless it deals with ordinary objects that other students carry around. Also, cards are banned at my high school because of potential gambling incidents.

A friend of mine, Ranvier, was leaving the country because his dad got a new job. He wouldn't be returning. We were having a going away party for him in which we all brought food. I was also asked to perform some magic. As Ranvier was my friend and this was a big occasion, of course I agreed.

I realized I wanted to perform Anniversary Waltz. On one side of the card, I would have Ranvier sign his name and the date. On the other side, I would have the teacher sign for our class and the date as well. It sounded good to me.

Of course, there was a problem. I couldn't use cards. I had to go to the principal, and I didn't even know her name, and get permission. I had to tell her the exact reasons for bringing the pack of cards and demonstrated that I was a magician.

So the time came, and it was the day of the party. When I got to the class in which I would be performing, I noticed there was a substitute teacher. Even worse, she didn't leave the party in the lesson plans.

Even more worse, the substitute teacher was really, terribly mean. He swore at a girl because she asked him a question. Let's just say he wasn't a nice guy. Luckily for us, he was pretty easy going. He let us pass out the food. Everyone was asking me when I was going to perform. In all honesty, I was too scared to ask the substitute if I was able to. So someone did for me. He said yes.

I performed the Anniversary Waltz and it went great. Everybody was impressed and amazed, and most importantly, Ranvier liked it and got an incredible souvenir for him to keep forever. It went amazingly.

I still talk to Ranvier every once in a while. In New Zealand, where he now resides, he has the card framed.

That's pretty cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:11 am 
born to perform.

I didn't realize you were that young. Great story, I'm sure he will never forget you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:21 am 
born to perform.

As if you didnt know he was that young :lol:

Young but talented :D

I like the story, very unique and i like it how you played it all out, even with the problem of the sub. Oh well [edited] happens and you have to work around it.

Good work

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:01 am 
born to perform.

orcishorde wrote:
As if you didnt know he was that young :lol:

Young but talented :D

I like the story, very unique and i like it how you played it all out, even with the problem of the sub. Oh well [edited] happens and you have to work around it.

Good work

There's a sub in our school and he looks just like the child molester from here too. :shock: