View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The 18th Annual Kidabra Conference 'August 15-18' 2009
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:37 pm 
Penguin

Is anybody else going to this in Tennessee? I'm thinking about it as I have some time off this summer and money saved. I haven't been to one yet but know it will be a great time, both valuable and entertaining.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:08 am 
born to perform.

I would love to but can't. If you can't make it for any reason try picking up one of their DVDs. I would love to see more in-depth information on Trixie Bond.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:45 am 
Team Penguin

I have a LOT of friends that will be there...but I will not...I always go to the other convention in Pigeon Forge every year called the Winter Carnival of Magic instead. Kidabra is great though from what I hear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:02 am 
Penguin

kristenl wrote:
I would love to but can't. If you can't make it for any reason try picking up one of their DVDs. I would love to see more in-depth information on Trixie Bond.
You probably already know it but just in case: www.trixiebond.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:20 am 
born to perform.

Thanks Sneak, but yes I do. I've actually tried emailing Trixie in the past to see if she had any kind of children's birthday DVD akin to what Ken Scott puts out, unfortunately she did not. From the little (which is very little)I have seen of her reminds me of my daughter (or vice versus) and I wanted to see more on her & her magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:47 am 
Penguin

Trixie is really a lot of fun. I didn’t get to spend a lot of time with her at Kidabra 2008 but what I did was fun. I wont be able to afford to go this year. After everything is said and done it cost me a couple thousand dollars to attend and that is with using airmiles.

I spent some time with Ken Scott who I consider somewhat of a friend. I also hung out with a couple of the other "names" and we played a little joke on Silly Billy the last night where I was an integral part.

I would love to go again just to hang out with them. Unfortunately it wont happen this year and may not happen next. I’m saving up for a wedding and house. Once that is all done I definitely plan on attending again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:04 pm 
born to perform.

Oh my you've been holding out on us!

May I be the first to congratulate you on your upcoming nuptials and house hunting. I wish you every happiness the future holds for you and your soon-to-be bride.

:D Kristen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:52 pm 
born to perform.

Sneak,
I went a few years ago...fantastic. The best family entertainers convention on the market. Can't go wrong at Kidabra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:42 pm 
Penguin

sluggo,

Just checking out some of the names that are scheduled to be at the conference, talent is a guarantee. I just have to make sure everything can work out since it's still a little ways off and I'm all the way up in snowy Canada (yes, it snowed yesterday). Plus I have to get a pssport to cross over the border. But if everything can work out, it'll be more than worth it, I'm sure.