View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:11 pm 
Penguin

I don't have either but they both look really cool. If i had to get one it would probably be coinvexed because quantum bender is really expensive. Also, as many people already mentioned before, they both do the same thing at the end so just go for the cheaper one. Hope that helped !! :D :D :D :D

Post subject: Coinvexed 2
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:01 pm 
Penguin

I would like to put my 2 cents in here. I bought the original coinvexed and I was happy with it. But I did struggle a bit with the rationale for having coins in both hands.... I never considered the QB2 because it was so expensive. I recently upgraded to coinvexed 2 and I am here to say that I could not be happier.

When I see Mr Sheets perform QB2 on you tube, The "magic" happens when he has the coin bend over his finger into the spectators hand. However, in coinvexed 2, the magic happens "IN" the spectators hand.. They are both strong effects, but they are different.

Personally, I think that the presentation is key. Mr. Penn's DVD both in coinvexed and coinvexed 2 discuss the patter and the psychology of the presentation. There is even a forum available to discuss different aspects of the illusion. Although one can perform strong magical effects with a "spectator", The effects are always stronger when the magic happens in a "participants" hand.

There are absolutely no issues for me with a two coin presentation. In fact, I have had alot of fun working on presentaions that are comical and work for me.

I offer to do the trick with my coins but in the end always borrow both coins from the spectator as it makes the illusion much stronger. I then ask if they want me to exchange them after the presentation is over.

Post subject: Re: Coinvexed 2
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:10 pm 
born to perform.

ajfelice wrote:
They are both strong effects, but they are different.

Huh? Both tools bend a coin. You can easily have the coin bend inside the spectator's hand, by flicking it with your fingers, in their pants zipper, whatever. It doesn't make any sense to judge a product based upon the example presentation.

That's like hating Liquid Metal because the spectator blows on the fork. If you dislike it, change that part.

Post subject: coinvexed 2
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:18 am 
born to perform.

gg

Last edited by aces_up_41 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: polow7
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:11 am 
Penguin

i completly agree with lance, coinvexed 2 is amazing. The gimmmick is not eaxctly like quatnum bender. but for the price its worth it.
I love it and im going to keep it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:09 am 
Penguin

So, just to ask a clarifying question: does CV2 require you to pull out a handful of change? Or was that only with the original version?

Thanks in advance,
Tony

Post subject: Can it be used with any coins? From all over the world?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:38 pm 
Penguin

Probably a stupid question, but I want to be sure. I live in Norway, can I use coinvexed on any coins/in Norway?

Just want to be 100% sure before buying it.

Thanks!

Post subject: hh
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:29 am 
born to perform.

hh

Last edited by aces_up_41 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: 11
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:59 am 
born to perform.

Last edited by aces_up_41 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: The day coin bend change thw way I think about it!
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 7:24 pm 
Penguin

Hi everybody, I hope there will be friends up here who are willing to advice me or share me with some tips!

I have been performing coin bending as part of my routine and this have been one of the simplest handy trick that I can bring along everywhere I go. I just simply bring a bended coins in my pocket and ready to go. My routine was not from Coinvex or Quantum bender(I've read quite extensive info abt this 2 product). Its from Morgan Strebler, called Closer.

I am here to heed anyone advice, be it from ptofessional or amateur. Maybe Mr David Penn can advice me too. The other time I performed Morgan Strebler's coin bending routine. I succeeded in finishing the trick. Last, I became ambitious and decided to 'unbend' the coin using thumbtip method. But I was unfortunately because the audience realised and discovered to know that I actually uses 2 coins. The reason for this blow up was because when the the audience recieved the 'bended' coin, he has actually take a glimpse on the date of the 'bended' coin, so when I tried to 'unbend' the coin he had, he discovered that there were 2 coins invloved because of the different date. I was taken a back and speechless at that moment but just remain calm at that point. When I when back home I feel very sad and disappointed about that incident and I can't stop thinking about how bad the trick turn up till now. Hope you can advice me on this and now I felt of returning to the same person and doing the coin bend again which does not required 'swapping' and uses only one coin in order to prove him the real thing but couldn't think of any coin bending that allows one. Hope you can help. Thanks! Hope to hear from you!

My question is:
1) Is there any coin bending trick that allows me to bend the same coin being handed to me from the audience? Meaning to say it won't requires coin swap and such.

2) Quatum bending is so expensive therefore I am not too sure if it worht the money, I mean I can spend that money on True Astonishment by Paul Harris instead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:45 am 
born to perform.

I tend to take out my Coinvexed 2.0 more often than my QB2 for casual use. Mainly because if I lose it, then it's not $500 down the drain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:14 am 
born to perform.

I dont really have anything to say I just wanted to get this back on top of the forum page. LOL

Post subject: Re: Quantum bender vs. coinvexed
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:35 pm 
born to perform.

By the by (David), I just got "hypno aces" in the mail and will be using it at a gig saturday night. I like it.

Thanks for that,

Ari

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:31 am 
Penguin

aces_up_41 wrote:
You rock David Penn, I love the Coinvexed, I cant wait intell Coinvexed 2 comes out. When does it come out? ANd were can I see a video on it? Thanks again for making my magic so much fun to do for the people who really love magic.
Lance.

Sycophant ! :lol: