View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Curtis Kam DVD
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:21 am 
born to perform.

Which Curtis Kam DVD would you recommend more: Silverado or Fists of Fury?
I want to download one of them from Penguin but I don't have time to watch it too much (I'm home like once every 3 weeks) so the one I download will keep me busy for a few moneys
Which one should I get first?
Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:38 am 
Team Penguin

Are you up for the challenge lol. His material is ver difficult. I would tell you to just pick up his lecture note special (4 books for $60). I don't own fists of fury yet but I have heard how hard it is. SIlverado was fairly easy for me (except sandwich move athon lol) I enjoyed silverado. A lot of really intersting stuff in there. Yea I think silverado would be a good choice for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:30 pm 
born to perform.

silverado is more do-able. Fists of fury is freckin hard stuff. So i guess, in a sense, fists of fury would keep you "busy" longer cuzz its harder and will take more practice. But silverado I think would be better. The stuff is just a little easier and so its more fun to work on. Plus there is a super long kicka$$ card routine at the end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:32 pm 
born to perform.

Hard\easy isn't a factor for me
This is the situation I'm in: almost every day I secure places for a few hours (it can be an hour, it can also be eight hours...) and I've got nothing to do other than practicing coin magic (If I get caught reading\listening to music\etc. I will probably not be allowed to come home for at least a month) so even if the material is really difficult, I'll keep practicing it until I get it because I simply don't have anything else to do
So what do you say about Fists Of Fury now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:12 pm 
Team Penguin

I say get Kam's books lol. I could say without hesitation that almost 75% of Curtis' stuff that he has put on DVD is published by him elsewhere. Through and Through was partialy published in Mr.Eclectic but with a different context (I beleive he removed some of the pocket penetrations). Almost the entire Cashablanca DVD is scattered throughout his books. Even the pocketbook goes over some of the finer points of his routines from his videos and other books. Kam is, how you would say, the coin Sankey. Not too much is really exclusive lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:26 pm 
born to perform.

Getting the books will cost me too much money and I won't have time to read them anyway, I'm asking about the DVDs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:19 pm 
Team Penguin

DOWNLOADS ;) I;m going to point you towards silverado.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:56 pm 
born to perform.

Well then fists of fury could be good. But you need more [edited] that you probably don't have to do some of the stuff in there. But i do remember it being more fun to watch and work on. And now that i think about it you gimmicks for some of the silverado stuff too. Get fists of fury.

Now i have to know. What is the "situation" that you are in where you don't get to come home for weeks at a time and if you get caught READING you don't get to go home for a month? Freaking combat hardening training or something?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:23 pm 
Team Penguin

Get the edited out of here Connor. Just go. Nobody wants you here lol. GET SILVERADO!!! YOUR DREAMS WILL COME TRUE!!!! (is it bad that what I just said sounded dirty lol)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:51 pm 
born to perform.

darn I can't decide which download to get
Fists of Fury has other magicians that I want to see, so I'm leaning more toward that DVD, but you're saying that it has a lot of gimmicked stuff in it, and I don't have or planning on buying any coin gimmicks so then Silverado will be better for me...
I think I'll go with FOF anyway though, 'cause it has a lot of sleights that I really want to learn, and also I didn't see any videos of stuff that's on Silverado so I'm afraid of being disappointed

My situation: I'm in the army, securing weird and boring places because I'm not experienced enough to do the interesting stuff yet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:35 am 
born to perform.

FREKIN CALLED IT!!!!!!!!! Man i should be a frekin detective. Chalk another one up for "THE DEDUCER". Yea get fists of fury. There are at least three or four routines you can do without gaffs. Kainoa's repeat coins from nostril is really great and fun and gaffless. And you can do a version of international dissolve with just three half dollars or sheckles or whatever you're using. When do you leave. I wanna make that video that i promised you then forgot about before you go :lol: i'll make it tommorow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:57 am 
Team Penguin

darn you Connor lol.