View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:51 am 
born to perform.

The first things you SHOULD buy is material on 'doing' kid shows.
1- It'll teach you what effects are good for kid shows which saves you money.
2- It gives you an idea how to do a kid show.
The stuff you have now is 'useless' for kid shows. Do some research on the subject and then start putting your show together.
I would back out on the show that you have this summer. Because you don't have a kid show to offer.
Get one together and then full steam ahead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:00 pm 
born to perform.

sluggo wrote:
The first things you SHOULD buy is material on 'doing' kid shows.
1- It'll teach you what effects are good for kid shows which saves you money.
2- It gives you an idea how to do a kid show.
The stuff you have now is 'useless' for kid shows. Do some research on the subject and then start putting your show together.
I would back out on the show that you have this summer. Because you don't have a kid show to offer.
Get one together and then full steam ahead.

I'm going to still do it because I need the money and all of his friends know me and love seeing me do my card magic for some reason it's all they ask me to do and I'm pretty good with sponge balls and that Fiber Optics rope routine and I'm ok with the cups & balls and I even have a change bag but they always ask me to do my card magic all the time.

Post subject: '
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:01 am 
born to perform.

I see. I hope all the other kids at the party likes card magic (probably not) because they will let you know and once that happens it will snowball. I'm glad to hear that you're going to go ahead and do it for the right reasons.."You need money" Let's not worry if the bd party may (will) be a bust just so you get some money for it.
Don't spend it all in one place because once the word spreads your days as a 'Kid show' performer will be short and sweet and you only had the chance to ruin ONE Bd party.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:35 pm 

KingOfNynex2003 wrote
Quote:
Well they are my friends but they're nowhere near my age they're turning 8 and 10 and I'm 25 but they're pretty fun to play with
Then he says later
Quote:
I'm going to still do it because I need the money
Those 2 statements bother me.

Especially in today's world a man who is 25 yrs old is "playing" with 8 an 10 yr olds? Mentoring, teaching, supervising (as in day camp) I fully understand. But "PLAYING WITH THEM?" Perhaps a bad choice of words.

Don't do this party.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:20 pm 
Penguin

WOW, i have heard a lot of "sad stories" on this forum but this takes the cake. Why are you blaming everyone but yourself? If you want to be successful stop playing the blame game and start working on yourself.

If you want to be a performer of any kind you have to be an interesting person. I sure wouldn’t want a depressed performer at my event. It's not about looking "like an idiot" its about having fun with your audience. This goes for any audience.

Where in the country do you live?

Post subject: Re: '
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:16 pm 
born to perform.

sluggo wrote:
I see. I hope all the other kids at the party likes card magic (probably not) because they will let you know and once that happens it will snowball. I'm glad to hear that you're going to go ahead and do it for the right reasons.."You need money" Let's not worry if the bd party may (will) be a bust just so you get some money for it.
Don't spend it all in one place because once the word spreads your days as a 'Kid show' performer will be short and sweet and you only had the chance to ruin ONE Bd party.

All of this kids friends go to the same school as he does and every single one of those kids have seen me perform at that school and they're the ones that always ask me to do my card effects so why don't you just stop bashing me like you do with almost everyone on here that asks for some help isntead of bringing them down all the time?

I wouldn't be surprised if you're the cause of some people giving up magic because most of the stuff you say brings people down all the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:23 pm 
born to perform.

paddy wrote:
KingOfNynex2003 wrote
Quote:
Well they are my friends but they're nowhere near my age they're turning 8 and 10 and I'm 25 but they're pretty fun to play with
Then he says later
Quote:
I'm going to still do it because I need the money
Those 2 statements bother me.

Especially in today's world a man who is 25 yrs old is "playing" with 8 an 10 yr olds? Mentoring, teaching, supervising (as in day camp) I fully understand. But "PLAYING WITH THEM?" Perhaps a bad choice of words.

Don't do this party.

I play games with them and watch movies I'm not a pervert I'm a counselor at a day camp for kids I'm not about to do anything that Michael Jackson has done and I really need some work because no manager at any place will hire me even jobs I'd end up killing myself over won't hire me so what else can I do other than the entertainer position or that other thing that people with no money do?

I think it would be more fun if I did kids parties than the latter of the 2 but hey if you guys say my stuff sucks then I must be a terrible performer so tell you what I'll just give up magic entirely because I've been hearing nothing but how sh*tty I am and how my stuff is complete sh*t for kids parties even though the kids I'd be performing for say I'm the best magician they've ever seen and how I'm way better than Criss Angel because I do more stuff than he's ever done (I doubt that).

But hey if professionals say I don't have a good kids show with the stuff I have then I must suck because they're the ones that know better than me right? So thanks a lot and I hope you're happy for ruining my life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:44 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Oh my god, get off your F'ing pitty party and grow up. If i didnt know any better i would think you were the same age as the kids you want to perform for.
You cant take any critisism or advice... and from people who do Know a Whole lot more about Childrens magic.

They are only trying to help. But you'd rather not see that.

Stop making up BS excuses and get your head on straight.

None of them said you were a terrible performer... they just suggested that you buy some effects that are actually ment for childrens shows and pick up some material on performing childrens shows. They know what will work the best and what wont.

Also, money is not as important as putting on a great show. If your really that needy for money... there are ways to get it. Legally and with dignity.. and without the risk or ruining a kids b-day magic show.

For some one who didnt want to look like an idiot (on many levels)... you failed on a couple here.

If this little thing makes you quit magic nad ruin your life... then sorry that you are that weak. Mabye this is why you cant get a job anywhere else, if you act like this.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2