View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:16 pm 
born to perform.

Maloney123 wrote:
I have never really considered getting into balloons, but after reading that post I think I may give it a try. Is it hard twisting balloons?

Good choice Maloney. The balloons would be a great addition to you kid's show as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:07 am 

Re: mouth inflation. If you use a pump (I do) you give them a bag of air. If you mouth inflate you hand them a bag of germs. Which do you want near a child's face?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:13 pm 
born to perform.

paddy wrote:
Re: mouth inflation. If you use a pump (I do) you give them a bag of air. If you mouth inflate you hand them a bag of germs. Which do you want near a child's face?

Good point. I often ask the people hiring me which they would prefer. Often they don't care. If you do choose to mouth inflate make sure you are as healthy as can be. Take vitamins daily, eat breakfast, and exercise. Cancel ANY job if you feel like you are coming down with something.

If you want to use a pump that's fine. If you try to mouth inflate and have a hard time with it, don't do it. Mouth inflating is hard but if you get to the point where you feel comfortable with it and feel you do it faster than using a pump, then you might consider mouth inflation. Right now I mouth inflate mostly. It is a lot faster and more fun for me but if I were going to grt an electric or floor pump, I might go with that.

Juliegel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:52 am 
Penguin

juliegel wrote:
paddy wrote:

Good point. I often ask the people hiring me which they would prefer. Often they don't care. If you do choose to mouth inflate make sure you are as healthy as can be. Take vitamins daily, eat breakfast, and exercise. Cancel ANY job if you feel like you are coming down with something.

Juliegel

By "cancel", do you mean find a replacement and then let the client know that you are ill yet you know how important this event is to the client so you have found a highly recommended replacement?

Or do you mean, "tough luck client, I don't feel well and now you're screwed"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:12 am 
born to perform.

DespoticDemagogue wrote:
juliegel wrote:
paddy wrote:

Juliegel

By "cancel", do you mean find a replacement and then let the client know that you are ill yet you know how important this event is to the client so you have found a highly recommended replacement?

Or do you mean, "tough luck client, I don't feel well and now you're screwed"?

By cancel I mean explain yourself to the client and try to arrange something. Where I live and work I am the only one in 100 miles that does this king of work so finding someone else is not really an option. Like I said though try to reach an agreement if that means finding someone else then so be it.
Your client should understand that getting sick was not your choice and you are loosing money by having their childs well being in mind. If they think and different then you did not take care of the situation properly.

As always,
Dylan

Post subject: Re: Of Business and Balloons
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:15 pm 
born to perform.

Nicely written.

I will use the advice about the charity events as I continue in this venture.