View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Talent show 2009!
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:58 pm 
born to perform.

Hey guys. Here's a story about my talent show:

FOr the last year, I have been waiting to give a go at the school talent show. Last year, the egg for my silk to egg broke and it was not really a great performance. So, I planned WAY ahead.

I had an assistant, script and music ready to go! I got approved for flash paper, then ran out of it and had troubles getting some in time. THankfully, I got some over the weekend for the show. Then, YESTERDAY, the day of the show, my assistant backs out!

Yikes. I had no clue what to do. I went to the show without a clue as to what I was going to do. My routine was a C&R rope routine with a comedic ending. However, that ending would NOT work without her. BUt, before the show one of my friends who knew my situation asked this girl if she would help me(and I hadn't asked him to).

She said yes, so i quickly explained to her what the main idea of the routine. However, I said I would just call her up as my volunteer and run with that on the fly. She was very happy to help, so I thought it was going to be fine.

The first half passes and I'm starting to get nervous. 2 more people, then me. I set up my flash paper, appearing cane and get my breifcase in complete order. 1 act, then me. I approach the backstage. I throw up- in my mouth. YUCK! I run over to the trash and spit it out and get some gum to offset the taste.

Applause, it's go time. I run over to my briefcase. I hear the introduction, I walk through the opening of the curtain. only about 60 people are there. It's okay. I set down my stand, the music starts. And I'm fine. (The song was 'Are you ready for this?') I dance to it, make my cane appear and have a mouth coil come out. "SOrry, I had to butterflies all day...literally"

So, I do my intro trick and then ask for a volunteer. PEOPLE WENT NUTS. But the girl i had talked to came running up! I made it awkward and funny, acting surprised that she walked up on stage without my asking her to come up. She did fine! The trick was fun. It was funny. And everyone had a great time! Then the ending of the trick came... I told her how much I appreciated her coming up on stage. And then I told her I wanted to give her a kiss. (and the music was cued for the song "kiss me") The crowd goes nuts. She starts blushing and laughing. I take out my flash paper and lighter... and present the HERSHEY KISS!

It was great. People loved it. I was really happy how it turned out. And when the totals were tallied... I came in 2nd place! (yahoooo)

Lesson learned: Even if something goes wrong and you feel stuck, a little flexibility, improvising and ad libbing will help you out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:20 pm 
born to perform.

Awesome! Great to hear it worked out all right in the end!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:32 pm 
born to perform.

Wow,

Good job powering through your nerves man. I can't believe you ralphed in your own mouth. Did you have a tic tac?

Congratulations on your success. Keep up the good work.

Ted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:42 pm 
Penguin

tedricpancoast wrote:
Wow,

Good job powering through your nerves man. I can't believe you ralphed in your own mouth. Did you have a tic tac?

Congratulations on your success. Keep up the good work.

Ted

He had gum

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:51 pm 
Emperor Penguin

tedricpancoast wrote:
I can't believe you ralphed in your own mouth. Did you have a tic tac?

Do you usually ralph in someone else's mouth? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:20 pm 
born to perform.

Usually I shoot for the toilet or the sink. Never thought of trying someone else's mouth. That is a funny word play though, I'll give you that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:51 pm 
born to perform.

My talent show is Monday and I cannot wait! I'm going to be performing the Brook Test. Maybe I can do a write-up of how it went on Tuesday or something, although exams, projects, and everything else are coming up, so it may be a little bit before I can type it up. Wish me luck! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:08 pm 
born to perform.

I just did my talent show! It was awesome! More info later...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:02 am 
Penguin

Great job. Wish i could be there :wink: