View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Making Money!!!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:02 pm 
Penguin

Okay so i am a intermediate magician and have been performing street magic for a while and close up, but i do it for fun. How would i make money off of performing. Like i don't know how to ask for the money after affect. Can anyone help me in describing the process for getting money after a performance. Thanks :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:48 pm 

Hakeem, it is called BE ENTERTAINING. Also use hat lines throughout the show and at the end of the show. But before we can be more explicit, what do you do? Is it a circle show, or sidewalk show? Where do you perform and I mean what country, city and what type of area, like in a park, at a festival, etc. When we know more I can give better ideas.

Paddy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:08 pm 
Penguin

well i live in Cincinnati, Ohio and i do not like using a hat. I perform at parks and also walk up to spectators "blaining" and i just dont know if i ask for money or what??? I am very entertaining though i just don't know how to ask for the money. When i perform i am sometimes surrounded and sometimes perform for 2-3 people depending on the setting. If i don't like wearing hats so i feel lost?? :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:30 am 

I live in Cincinnati also. Go to Artie's Magic shop in Covington and speak to him, also attend the CRAP meetings on Tueday nights where you'll see some real buskers. Sean and Bobby Maverick go there. I am working Tues nights performing in a restaurant but I drop in to see Artie during the day frequently.

Also go to the Levee on any weekend and you'll see buskers there. Bobby does the straight jacket escape.

Paddy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 3:25 am 
Penguin

I don't think you necessarily need a real hat when you "pass the hat".

Although a real hat does make it much easier to hold all the money and to store on your head when you aren't "passing the hat".