View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Martin Lewis' Precognition
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:32 pm 
born to perform.

I just attended a lecture today by Martin Lewis. I really liked one of the mentalism effects he did today and I thought I would pass along the recommendation. Precognition sells for a measely $35 which is a complete steal for what you get.

This could play huge on stage or in a home. You need a DVD player.

The effect - you invite a spectator to come up on stage. (Martin used a portable DVD player on stage) You pull out a set of DVDs. A well known TV series, Bonaza, which still plays daily on Nick's TV Land. The spectators is invited to pick any DVD and place it into the DVD player. The spectator can pick any episode and any chapter within an episode. This is repeated several times to show that these are real episodes on real DVDs.

You predict the a scene from this well known, western series. The dialogue between the four characters are described in detail. Then the spectator is invited to pick out any DVD, any episode and any chapter. The scene matches the description.

This is very, very clever. The trick comes with the 5-DVD set required to perform the effect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:58 am 
born to perform.

That's a pretty cool plot! I doubt anyone's heard of "Bonanza" here, though. Still...I like it.

Peace,
Rev.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:49 am 

revelation77 wrote:
That's a pretty cool plot! I doubt anyone's heard of "Bonanza" here, though. Still...I like it.

Peace,
Rev.

Probably true, but even if you have never herad of Bonanza, I assure you that everyone's heard and knows the theme song.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:14 pm 
born to perform.

I would think anyone over 35 is familiar with the show and it's always on TV Land so it is pretty recognizable. Still the packaging looks like some old series you can buy at Walmart for $10.

The real reason that Lewis selected that show is because it is in the public domain. Apparently, the owner of the TV series let it lapse into the public domain. Twilight Zone would have been a better option but licensing costs are far to prohibitive.