View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: need tips on restauant magic
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:30 pm 
Penguin

i want to be a walk around magician for a restaurant/bar. i mostly know close up/street magic and mentalism. what would be some good restaurant tricks.

i have never worked for anyone so i need some tips. just some basic tips.

ok, so can you please help me out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:49 pm 

tell us about you, your character, where you live, and other information so we can make an intelligent answer to your question.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:56 pm 
Penguin

ok, i live in Maryland. i am 16 years old. i usually perform close up visual magic and simple but powerful mentalism effects such as out of this world. my performing style is like Jay Sankeys. the funny guy, goofy, high maintenance kind of guy.

i just want some good tips on restaurants and what would be the right type of magic to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:06 am 

At age 16 you will be a "cute kid showing off" to the customers. Keep practicing and wait a couple of years before trying to go pro in the restaurant scene.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 3:27 am 
Penguin

any balloon tricks for kids at Chuck E. Cheese.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 9:58 am 
born to perform.

If you are going to work in restaurants, the tricks are only a SMALL part of what you need to know. You should get Charles Greene's Restaurant Magic Business on cd. I think you can get it from the Michael Ammar site, last time I looked.

As far as magic, try to stay off the table. In other words, don't do things that will require you to use the table the people are sitting at. Do things that you can do WITHOUT a table. There are a lot of reasons for that. PM me and I'd be happy to help you some more.

Good Luck
Ted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:54 am 
Penguin

Apart from the tricks, you should make sure you give a professional first impression to whoever you meet. If it fits your character at all, I suggest wearing a nice suit with jacket so the people in the restaurant will know you're doing serious business. (Hey, it fits Sankey)

As for tricks. Try expanding what you already know by doing all sorts of magic. Expand into rope magic, coin magic and sponges and stay away from effects that have a gross factor. You don't want the audience to throw up before they had their food (never perform at a table when people are already eating; they'll be busy and don't want to be interrupted and have their food get cold)