View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Cards found in various locations
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:02 pm 
Penguin

Hello everyone,

I was browsing through the countless pages of card magic searching for an effect where in a spectators card disappears and then reappears in any number of different locations. Something along the lines of the card effect David Blaine did where a card selected by a cop appeared in his shoe. And then another one where the card was found in the spectators back pocket or even in someones wallet.

And I was also looking for another card effect like the card through window. Now I already have one variation, the one Blaine did where he threw the cards against the restraunt's window and it was stuck to the other side. I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of a different routine.

I did find one DVD entitled "Card in What? by James Coats" and was curious if anyone might have purchased this and knows if the routines taught on the DVD are worth purchasing. Although if not, I would appreciate anyones advice and what I should be looking for to obtain the effects I have described.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:25 am 
born to perform.

Hmm I would just start learning and practicing stuff involving palming and duplicates, a lot of stuff like you're talking about probably involves those things so it would be good to be used to using that stuff.

Post subject: Will give that a try
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:59 am 
Penguin

Thank you thecooltonto, I'll give those techniques a try and see if I can accomplish what I want with my own routine with those methods.

Post subject: Re: Cards found in various locations
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:52 pm 
Penguin

Rozzerdog wrote:
Hello everyone,

I was browsing through the countless pages of card magic searching for an effect where in a spectators card disappears and then reappears in any number of different locations. Something along the lines of the card effect David Blaine did where a card selected by a cop appeared in his shoe. And then another one where the card was found in the spectators back pocket or even in someones wallet.

And I was also looking for another card effect like the card through window. Now I already have one variation, the one Blaine did where he threw the cards against the restraunt's window and it was stuck to the other side. I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of a different routine.

I did find one DVD entitled "Card in What? by James Coats" and was curious if anyone might have purchased this and knows if the routines taught on the DVD are worth purchasing. Although if not, I would appreciate anyones advice and what I should be looking for to obtain the effects I have described.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me.

Daniel Madison has an effect called Angle Zero, a card is selected, signed if you wish, a corner is torn off, vanished and found anywhere you like.

This effect kills, practically impromptu (little set-up), and easy to perform.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:39 am 
Emperor Penguin

I agree with KingOfSpades- Angle Zero is one of the best "card to" type effects out there. I have never received a bad reaction with it, and it's great because the corner can literally go anywhere. It could go across the world if you wanted it to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:43 am 
Penguin

If you're looking for an alternative card through glass effect. Daniel Garcia's KAOS is quite practical. The card doesn't just appear behind the glass, you pull it from the deck on the opposite side after showing your hands empty. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:32 am 
Penguin

Much appreciated to everyone helping me find the right effect to add to my collection which I will then find a way to add it to my performance. Angle Zero sounds like another one of those cards to anywhere effects that I can definitely utilize.

macgyver5111 wrote:
If you're looking for an alternative card through glass effect. Daniel Garcia's KAOS is quite practical. The card doesn't just appear behind the glass, you pull it from the deck on the opposite side after showing your hands empty. :)

I was looking at this effect for the longest time trying to see if I could figure it out, but I read from another message board that I cannot even remember which one. From someone stating that all "Card through Window" effects are garbage and if you think you can walk up to anyone and perform it to someone, you better WATCH OUT, cause they'll figure out how it's done before you're even finished with the effect.
But when I saw the preview for this effect from Daniel Garcia, I was really astounded by what I saw and have added it to my wish list, but have been afraid to purchase it.

Do you think this will be the perfect Card Through Window effect that I could add to my routine? I mean I've seen others, that cost like anywhere from $150-$299, but I don't have that kind of money to spend on ONE effect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:07 pm 
Penguin

Rozzerdog wrote:
Much appreciated to everyone helping me find the right effect to add to my collection which I will then find a way to add it to my performance. Angle Zero sounds like another one of those cards to anywhere effects that I can definitely utilize.

macgyver5111 wrote:

I was looking at this effect for the longest time trying to see if I could figure it out, but I read from another message board that I cannot even remember which one. From someone stating that all "Card through Window" effects are garbage and if you think you can walk up to anyone and perform it to someone, you better WATCH OUT, cause they'll figure out how it's done before you're even finished with the effect.
But when I saw the preview for this effect from Daniel Garcia, I was really astounded by what I saw and have added it to my wish list, but have been afraid to purchase it.

Do you think this will be the perfect Card Through Window effect that I could add to my routine? I mean I've seen others, that cost like anywhere from $150-$299, but I don't have that kind of money to spend on ONE effect.
I find Daniel Garcia's KAOS practical to use. It even teaches a subtlety that had me fooled so much that I didn't even consider the method he's using. The person you heard on another forum is entirely wrong. There are at least 4 ways to do Card Through Window and unless they are a magician, they've got no clue which one you applied halfway through the trick. It all comes down to audience management. The whole point in most routines is that the audience doesn't know what you're doing until the end when the cards hit the window. KAOS works for me, but your mileage may vary. What is it exactly you want from a card through window effect?

Post subject: Card through Window
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:34 pm 
Penguin

macgyver5111 wrote:
Rozzerdog wrote:

macgyver5111 wrote:

I find Daniel Garcia's KAOS practical to use. It even teaches a subtlety that had me fooled so much that I didn't even consider the method he's using. The person you heard on another forum is entirely wrong. There are at least 4 ways to do Card Through Window and unless they are a magician, they've got no clue which one you applied halfway through the trick. It all comes down to audience management. The whole point in most routines is that the audience doesn't know what you're doing until the end when the cards hit the window. KAOS works for me, but your mileage may vary. What is it exactly you want from a card through window effect?

I appreciate the insight you have on this particular effect, it has been something I wanted to acquire for sometime now. Although when it comes to buying something, for me a least, I get the most background information I can to be sure I am making an informed decision.

As to your question about what it is I am looking for exactly in a Card through Window performance. To be perfectly blunt, I want something where if I find myself by a glass window or even a glass table. I can take
my deck of cards, and I don't necessarily need the card signed, what I want is the effect to pass said card through the glass material that I may find where I am to perform.

I am familiar with good audience management, so that shouldn't prove to be a problem. And again I appreciate the information you have provided me so far, very appreciated indeed.

Post subject: Re: Card through Window
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:22 pm 
Penguin

Rozzerdog wrote:
To be perfectly blunt, I want something where if I find myself by a glass window or even a glass table. I can take
my deck of cards, and I don't necessarily need the card signed, what I want is the effect to pass said card through the glass material that I may find where I am to perform.

Daniel Madison has an effect called Breach in his Dangerous:Mystique video. I can't remember how the effect goes but the point is the card goes right through a glass table and then goes right back up.

Post subject: Re: Card through Window
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:28 pm 
Team Penguin

mann185 wrote:
Rozzerdog wrote:
To be perfectly blunt, I want something where if I find myself by a glass window or even a glass table. I can take

Daniel Madison has an effect called Breach in his Dangerous:Mystique video. I can't remember how the effect goes but the point is the card goes right through a glass table and then goes right back up.

That effect is fantastic... And hard. Be prepared to practice. And you could use angle zero for that. I have. Just requires a bit of thinking.

Post subject: Difficult effects
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:38 pm 
Penguin

More information that I appreciate to learn from you guys, this is all helping me out tremendously. Also, I am not worried and threatened by the effects that are labeled "hard, difficult, etc." I've always believed anything worth doing, is worth doing right, and if something happens to need some extra awareness or the amount of extra hours needed to put forth into achieving the effect, is well worth all the time spent used to learn it.

I can safely say that I'll be making a purchase from all the info gathered here, thanks for the insight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:06 am 
born to perform.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/specialorde ... hp?ID=9504

scraper ctw its not the best but u may like it

Post subject: Will give it a try
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:09 pm 
Penguin

jonathan_thegreat wrote:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/specialorderproduct.php?ID=9504

Righteous, thanks for the info.

Post subject: Re: Will give it a try
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:54 pm 
born to perform.

Rozzerdog wrote:
jonathan_thegreat wrote:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/specialorderproduct.php?ID=9504

Righteous, thanks for the info.

Don't buy that thing, it's an absolute piece of crap.