View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Question about split pitching with similar effects
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:04 am 
Penguin

Ok heres the deal. I split pitch in a place that does have a high concentration of tourists on the weekends so its not like I would be performing for the locals.

There are currently two of us that do split pitching sometimes three, which is plenty more than what that place can handle. Sorry guys I can't tell you where it is. Anyway the guy I usually split pitch with does the cups and balls routine. Now I have a cup and ball set but I know better than to do the exact same trick he does. What I was thinking about doing is a chop cup routine with three balls and one cup . According to the instructions the chop cup, "allows you to perform penetrations, productions and vanishes of a ball under a cup in a far more clean cut and straightforward manner." As opposed to the cups and balls.

My feeling about this is that the chop cup routine that I want to do and the cups and balls he does would be too similar for the audiences.

BTW I've seen his version of the cups and balls. He does the Gazzo routine with some variations on it and he does not have the same style of performing.

One more thing I have to consider is that I work at a gorcery store and I go to school 9 months out of the year. I don't have alot of disposable income for props.
Any other street performer who reads this please comment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:29 am 

When I was performing the cups and balls I worked a pitch with another busker who also ended with cups and balls. It didn't hurt either one of us that we both performed the same thing. I have my personality and he has his so we each do iit differently. In fact we quite often would get the same crowd watch both of us and so we both made hats off the same people.

Remeber it is NOT the effect that you do. It's all in the entertaining that you do.

Post subject: Re: Paddy
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:30 am 
Penguin

'Its not the affect but how you do it'

That makes my pocketbook and I feel relieved, Thank You