View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The Sophie Trick
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:33 pm 
born to perform.

Hi guys just been watching Get Nyman (My friend leant it to me, some great theory and material on there).

Just wondering about the Sophie Trick. Andy performs this but it isn't explained because it's just his presentation of another trick. He briefly refers to it as the find the lady trick. Anyway does anyone here know what it is and where to find it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:06 pm 
born to perform.

Well, this is probably not what you're looking for, but 'find the lady' is another name for the 3 card monte (I believe it's the original name).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:55 pm 
Penguin

Find the lady is the original name. It is a morely a gambling game where the proffesional card sharp cheats people out of their money. Usually, you have two people at least help you out by letting them in on the scam. When they go up they win, but they only do this when the old crowd has left and there isn't anyone really participating. Plus, they usually charge 10 dollars for the game. You tell them that if they win they get twice the money they paid. Saw this preformed in vegas, and some guy was doing one of the methods in the book. He charged me $100 since that was his asking price. I told him that I'd give it to him if I lost. He agreed and I won $100 that day. If I would of lost I would of been in a lot of trouble with my folks, but I didn't so end of story. I got to tell you from personal experience it works, although i prefer to give the money back. It is really fun. After I won though the crowd started coming back. When he was packing up for the day I told him that I used to preform the trick and we had a good laugh. I got in trouble though for wondering off on my own, away from my folks, especially since I didn't have a cell phone (but that why there are pay phones). Anyway, two versions are described in Expert at the card table under the title as the Three card monte, where the original and the mexican three card monte are described. Technically the cards are there, so the spectator may win if they lose track of the card or catch onto the ruse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:06 am 
born to perform.

Well there is certainly an element of the three card monty to the presentation, but the mentalist never touches the cards, or even looks at them. I've done a little more digging, apparently the trick he uses is called "Find The Lady" and is printed in Annemanns "The Book Without A Name." Anyone know what I'm on about?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:01 am 
born to perform.

Well the find the lady trick in The Book Without A Name isn't what I'm looking for. Since I couldn't find a video of the performance I've ripped it off the dvd for you to see what I'm trying to find. I do know that this doesn't use a stooge (his script isn't a double bluff he says so on the dvd.) So take a look and tell me if you know where I can learn this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S_eErmj-Ds

Oh and just for a laugh, we've all woken up with cold sweats after having this nightmare.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DnfVkJbY_w

ps as I am breaching copywrite here the'll be up for a week at most.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:00 pm 
born to perform.

haha that was interesting. Don't know he could of done it, I just didn't really get the "WOW factor" i don't know why. :?