View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Stage Mentalism Piece?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:35 am 
Penguin

I am looking for ideas for one stage mentalism effect for about 400-500 people. I am getting a chance to perform one effect and since I will be traveling I was going to perform an mentalim effect. What would you guys suggest for one strong effect. I was thinking of a phone book test but cant find an effect or method.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:36 am 
born to perform.

Tossed Out Deck packs extremely small and plays big.
A mental epic board also works really well.
Any book test can be very strong with a good presentation.
What kind of performer are you? What knowledge in mentalism do you have already? Are you opening for a show/ band?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:40 am 
Penguin

Im normally do restaurant/walk around. I would say I am not a beginner at mentalism have read 13 steps,prism, paramiracle, have all osterlinds dvds, banachek books and dvds, and some others but definitely have alot to learn. The event is somewhat like a talent but not really. I think I thought of method for a stage phone book test, would that be strong by itself. Only have maybe 10-15 minutes max.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:12 am 
born to perform.

The problem with doing just a phone book test is generally it takes quite a while before you get 'the payoff' (it's not exactly impressive until the end) and people can get quite disinterested very quickly. Its not exactly the ideal opener. If you have something like a tossed out deck to open your phonebook test you will have them really interested off the bat and end in a strong performance piece.

Cheers,
Rev.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:56 am 
born to perform.

Yeah if you're only going to perform one piece you might want to do have something with multiple climaxes in it. You want to establish your credentials early on. Even if it's just a swami and a number shouted out of the crowd get them hooked quick and then draw them into a longer presentation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:26 pm 
born to perform.

dhoodrat wrote:
Im normally do restaurant/walk around. I would say I am not a beginner at mentalism have read 13 steps,prism, paramiracle, have all osterlinds dvds, banachek books and dvds, and some others but definitely have alot to learn. The event is somewhat like a talent but not really. I think I thought of method for a stage phone book test, would that be strong by itself. Only have maybe 10-15 minutes max.

So why are you re-inventing the wheel? Osterlind's and Banachek's DVDs both contain telephone book tests.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:06 pm 
Penguin

emotional intelligence

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:47 pm 
born to perform.

EI is a bad idea for stage mentalism in my opinion. While it does offer a good reaction out of the spectators, it is terribly unvisible for the entire audience. You would like something that is big, and the audience can see has nothing fishy going on. Number predictions, card predictions (with jumbo index cards), hypnosis, things people can easily see (especially if it is 400-500 people).