View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: It would have been a good night if.....
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:51 am 
born to perform.

The guy working with me hadn't of taken my cards on accident lol!!!! Its annoying, his grandfather is the owner of the shop I work in so he grabs decks of cards and opens them to screw around with just because they're a different color, and ruins the cards in the process. But he picked up my deck and I didn't know it!

Ugh its so annoying, I had the deck stacked too so I'm going to have to stack another one when I get my boss to replace it lol.

Not too many people were buying much of anything tonight, but I didn't have any rude people or hecklers either though, but people weren't exactly freaking out from my magic either lol.

I demo'd slip-off spots, followed by the hotrod since it follows slip-off spots perfectly, pen through dollar, the ghost key, and scotch and soda a lot tonight. I really went for high dollar sales lol. We actually sold out of our scotch and soda's now, which is really sad to me lol. I like demo'ing that. But we didn't have many left at the start of the night either though. I have just sold them all gradually.

Slip-off spots, or that followed by the hotrod too, would be a great routine for when you're getting heckled I think. I hadn't done that for like at least a year and had no problem with it tonight, and I don't think I have ever really had anyone figure out what was happening with that either. Idk if its on penguin here or not though.

Basically you have a rod and a cube with colored spots on it, and the spots jump off of the cube and onto the rod, and back the other way, then a spot changes colors, and then the entire cube vanishes. Then of course you could follow it with the hotrod if it matches the other rod, which ours do. I'm thinking about getting one of each just in case I get heckled idk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:39 am 

I had a guy that did that, but he was the owner. Random decks of cards would end up around the shop. We were always getting them mixed up. Mine cards would vanish all the time. Luckily, I rarely had them stacked for anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:12 am 
born to perform.

Well this is different than what that sounds like, we don't have random decks of cards laying around, and rarely have our own cards at the shop unless its just something unusual, like a stacked deck for example. I mean its kind of hard to demo a deck that teaches a stack but keep it stacked all the time, so I just brought my own for that.

But it was sitting like smack with my wallet and the rest of MY stuff and the guy knew it, he is just an idiot I am stuck with lol.

Tonight I told him he took my cards on accident and that I didn't want them bent up, and then he was like "no my shuffling doesn't bend them up! See?!" and bent them up.

Basically he doesn't do his job because he is the owner's grandson, so he is taking advantage of his grandfather which is low and pathetic on so many levels.

But what can I do about it you know?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:21 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Quote:
It would have been a good night if...

That's what she said.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:48 pm 
Penguin

adjones wrote:
Quote:
It would have been a good night if...

That's what she said.

You just won the game...

On further notice, if it really bothers you say something about it....