View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Coin in the Soda Can or Prohibition?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:56 pm 
Penguin

I get some very good reactions with coin in the soda can from one of Criss Angel's DVDs. Some people say it's a toss up between my performance with Prohibition and others say they prefer my performance with coin in the soda can because it seems it would be more difficult to pull off (though, they don't know how I do either one). So, which effect do you like best or one do you prefer (for those of you who are famaliar with both effects and how they are done)? Coin in the Soda can from Criss Angel's DVD or bottle cap through the beer bottle as presented in Prohibtion? I have so much fun performing both of them, but I am kinda leaning towards coin in the soda can myself. To Me, Coin in the Soda can is more satisfying and a little more fun and yet accomplishes an awesome effect in the end. People are taken aback to see their signed quarter in the soda can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:33 am 
born to perform.

The coin in soda can is called Sinful by WAYNE HOUCHIN. Criss Angel get's no credit for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:48 pm 
Penguin

Maloney123 wrote:
The coin in soda can is called Sinful by WAYNE HOUCHIN. Criss Angel get's no credit for it.

The handling that I learned was on Criss Angel's DVD Volume 1. Wayne Houchin was on the DVD with Criss Angel. People really seem to enjoy and like Sinful. I assume that the version I learned from Criss Angel's DVD was in reality Wayne Houchin's Sinful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:38 am 
Emperor Penguin

Quote:
The explanation of the mind-blowing quarter through soda can as created by Wayne Houchin and performed by Criss Angel on his critically acclaimed A&E television series MINDFREA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:40 am 
Emperor Penguin

Maloney123 wrote:

Its called on several sites and stores:

Masterminds Volume One by Criss Angel (Quarter Through Soda Can) (DVD)

He gets credit for performing and teaching it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:45 am 
Penguin

DavidTheCryptic wrote:
Maloney123 wrote:

Its called on several sites and stores:

Masterminds Volume One by Criss Angel (Quarter Through Soda Can) (DVD)

He gets credit for performing and teaching it.

I get good reactions performing Wayne Houchin's Sinful (Coin in the Soda Can).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:33 pm 
born to perform.

Maloney123 wrote:

criss angel put it out as mastermind. Houchin's is more of his personal hadling on the technique.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:25 am 
Penguin

Sinful, or Coin in the Soda can, whatever your frame of reference concerning what reality is :shock:; is an excellent effect when performed properly with an excellent understanding of the fundamentals and practice of misdirection. People will generally say "Man, he just hit the quarter at the bottom of the can and it was gone!! He did it all in short sleeves too! Shook the can and you could hear it jingling around inside."

I had to really sit down and think about misdirection and really practice the sleight of hand moves, while keeping what I know about misdirection in mind; during the performance, all while never looking at my hands or the soda can and having a casual conversation with my audience. Totally floors them and it's a pleasure and alot of fun to perform. I can't emphasize how much fun it is to perform when done properly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:54 am 
born to perform.

I wouldn't get either. They are okay effects, but I just can't see spending the money for them. I'd get Justin Miller's Captured.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:31 am 
Penguin

tiggerkim wrote:
I wouldn't get either. They are okay effects, but I just can't see spending the money for them. I'd get Justin Miller's Captured.

What makes it such a better effect than either Sinful or Prohibition?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:36 pm 
Penguin

CTSC is the better of the two in my opinion. As a sidebar, do any of you realize how ridiculous Wayne's trick names are? I mean, how is CTSC "sinful"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:06 am 
Penguin

CAfan wrote:
CTSC is the better of the two in my opinion. As a sidebar, do any of you realize how ridiculous Wayne's trick names are? I mean, how is CTSC "sinful"?

I have no idea how Wayne came up with that name. Where did that name come from? I think it's kinda of a toss up between Sinful and Prohibition. It also depends on the individual magician performing it and that magician's misdirection skills.

I modified how I perform Prohibition slightly and that small modification makes it to where if a spectator is just looking only at my hands the whole time (I made this modification for performing for small crowds) they won't be able to percieve any secret moves done at any point in time, even if they only watch my hands the entire time and ignore everything else I am saying or doing. It was just a small tiny adjustment that makes a world of difference when performing for small crowds, where inevitably, you will always have one person in the crowd just burning your hands.