View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Criss Angel Guillitine Accindent:Real or Not?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:54 pm 
born to perform.

This is unreleased footage from a season 5 rehersal of Mindfreak (not clean: beware): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW5ZcLhhWhc

Some say it's fake; but i disagree for 3 reasons:

1) it is shot at a bad angle witha home video camera.

2) why did it happen at rehersal and not during the actul preformance in front of a larger crowd?

3) Why is it not going to be in the actul show? (hense the term "unreleased"

do not fight, but disuss your opinion on if this is real or fake. Try to back up your claim. It's kind of pointless to write: "oh it's fake, i know it is".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:27 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I doubt it was real. If it was Criss wouldnt have released it.

It was shot at a bad angle probably for a reason.

It could happen at rehearsal and become "unreleased footage" to stir up viewers for his show. An odd promotion stunt sort of.

But I honestly dont know, nor really care in the end. Its a stupid show.
If this was real, the video shouldnt have been posted.
If its fake, still shouldnt have been posted, since its stupid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:25 pm 
Team Penguin

I agree. That is the sound of someone who is pissed off, NOT someone who is about to die because a gullitine went wrong.

In addition to which, if he is using the stage gimmicked gullitine, it is fairly obvious what happened...

Man, I can't stand this guy and his stupid publicity stunts. AND it was uploaded on HIS youtube channel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:55 am 
born to perform.

And I bet you that all the people around him were "Not actors and had never met Criss before in their lives", but just happened to be rehearsing it all.

Ugg,
Dylan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:29 am 
born to perform.

i still wonder why they would do this in rehersal and not in an actul taping.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:12 pm 
Emperor Penguin

If nothing else, it shows that Criss doesn't use random spectators and that he sucks at being a magician. The effect he was doing was not difficult at all. There is no reason for such a stupid mistake. Also, you could probably bet that there would be a lawsuit if this really happened. Haven't heard any such thing though.

Either way, it just makes Criss look pathetic.

Post subject: ok
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:50 am 
Penguin

Im just throwing this out but, dont you think if this was real it would be all over the news. Or at least like mentioned in the tabloids and stuff like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:16 am 
Emperor Penguin

Last night, I had my wife watch it too, and she instantly thought it was fake as well. First, the size of the blade that he was using would have went through the guys neck. Now, being magicians, we know it's a trick. However, if anyone has seen the movie "Magicians", then they would know what would happen if it truly was a mistake. So again, either Criss sucks at magic, or it was fake.

Now looking at the reactions, they simply weren't normal. First, the screaming sounded like something out of a B-rate movie. It was just too fake. Also, don't you think security would have gotten everyone off stage instead of letting them to get a closer look? Even Criss didn't seem to be serious. Honestly, his reactions reminded me of the Youtube David Blaine episodes.

The final thing, why would they set up a camera in such an awkward position? The camera was set-up there on purpose. It was stationary, never moving. Yet, they decided to set it up behind a spectator. I think just that fact says something. Why set-up a camera in such a stupid position?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:00 am 
born to perform.

Dang Criss angel is like Greenday man, I "use to" like them. First season was GREAT. That was like the perfect AMOUNT of criss angel I wanted to watch. After season two...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:06 am 
born to perform.

funny how criss wasn't the one under the blade... if he's going to be performing it doesn't he need the practice?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:05 pm 
Penguin

This is obviously fake. Criss's acting was pretty bad at the beginning. Also that doesn't appear to be a simple home video camera taking the footage.

This was either a trick he decided to play on a group of people or it is a straight up attempt at a viral video.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:17 pm 
Penguin

There should be no question as to whether it's fake or not. Can it possibly be any more obvious?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:19 pm 
born to perform.

fallingblood wrote:
Last night, I had my wife watch it too, and she instantly thought it was fake as well. First, the size of the blade that he was using would have went through the guys neck. Now, being magicians, we know it's a trick. However, if anyone has seen the movie "Magicians", then they would know what would happen if it truly was a mistake. So again, either Criss sucks at magic, or it was fake.
Now looking at the reactions, they simply weren't normal. First, the screaming sounded like something out of a B-rate movie. It was just too fake. Also, don't you think security would have gotten everyone off stage instead of letting them to get a closer look? Even Criss didn't seem to be serious. Honestly, his reactions reminded me of the Youtube David Blaine episodes.

The final thing, why would they set up a camera in such an awkward position? The camera was set-up there on purpose. It was stationary, never moving. Yet, they decided to set it up behind a spectator. I think just that fact says something. Why set-up a camera in such a stupid position?
Why not both?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:26 pm 
born to perform.

Cris Angel needs to be kicked in the balls, repeatedly. That video is a disgrace to the magic profession.

Ted

Post subject: New stuff eh?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:48 am 
Penguin

So let me see if I understand this correctly, Criss Angel is having another weekly special where he supposedly dies in each episode? I don't know why, but I think this is a tremendously lame premise for a magic show, even for Criss Angel.

I am not going to get into all the back arguments about Criss and his particular style of performing what he calls Magic.

But honestly, why would they think it would be fun to set up a fatal situation all the while KNOWING that nothing bad is going to happen. It really takes the wonder factor out of the performance, it might be flashy with bright colors and half naked helpers for heightened misdirection. But I haven't seen it, don't plan to see it and am still boggled people want to watch this "magic". :roll: