View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:48 pm 
born to perform.

Ponta the Smith is fake.
He is using clever video editing and subtleties to make his "sleights" look real, but they are in fact fake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:28 pm 
born to perform.

girspiggy wrote:
Stop complaining, it looks pretty darn good. When I do it, I always have like a jerky movement for some reason.

that is weird i have the same thing happen to me, but most times i could avoid the "jerking" movement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:05 am 
born to perform.

daniel116 wrote:
Ponta the Smith is fake.
He is using clever video editing and subtleties to make his "sleights" look real, but they are in fact fake.

That's a pretty bold statement. How can you be so sure?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:04 pm 
born to perform.

ayli wrote:
daniel116 wrote:
Ponta the Smith is fake.

That's a pretty bold statement. How can you be so sure?
i dunno uriel. sounds more like jealousy to me. And daniel if you're not 100% sure that is true (which i highly doubt it is) then that is slander so i would be careful making statements like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:26 am 
Penguin

daniel116 wrote:
Ponta the Smith is fake.

I have to call bullsh!t on this one... there are too many solid routines for the majority to be fake. Can you seriously watch his Spellbound routine and dismiss his wicked chops as editing!?!? Even if his videos contain some editing, which I highly doubt, his timing and execution are flawless, as Connor pointed out.

~ Kyle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:39 am 
born to perform.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8Qe7bjgLJE
Watch his coin steal video, he put too many "bad subtleties" in order to make it look authentic, read my comments there.
It has happened before, even on these forums, people who put up videos of amazing "sleight of hand" which was actually just good video editing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:47 am 
born to perform.

I've never practiced this vanish, and I must say that you do it very well, but one general rule is that you should try to do it slowly and smoothly rather than quickly, the quick motions tend to look suspicious. hope that helps!

Post subject: Re: GRRRRRR Retention Vanish
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:59 pm 
Penguin

Location: In some sweet limo, with a hot girl *wakes up and cries*
insomniac392 wrote:
2) When "putting" the coin in your left hand, keep your right index finger as motionless as possible...

This is very good advice. I would also recommend keeping t curled slightly like he does.

-Trix

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:50 am 
born to perform.

daniel116 wrote:
Watch his coin steal video, he put too many "bad subtleties" in order to make it look authentic, read my comments there.
It has happened before, even on these forums, people who put up videos of amazing "sleight of hand" which was actually just good video editing
dude im sorry, but you're talking way out of turn. That was real. All of your conspiracy theory, editing bull isn't founded by anything other than your lack of experience and bad perception. You say he steal the coin from way far away but thats not true you're depth perception must be off. And you also say that there is no finger movement in the transfer from mutobe to finger palm. Also wrong, I have no idea how you can say that. His fingers clearly curl in to get the coin. I don't know what you have against that guy but all of his stuff is legit. And just because you can't duplicate it doesn't make it impossible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:34 am 
born to perform.

He does move his fingers but not nearly enough as it would take to actually do what he does.
I don't care about not being as good as him (though I believe his fake), there are hundreds of magicians out there that I love watching because they are WAY better than I'll probably ever be and I don't try to call them out because they're not using video editing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:31 am 
born to perform.

daniel116 wrote:

I don't see any editing here. Just four very smoothly executed classic coin sleights.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:02 pm 
Penguin

vforvendetta, who is your teacher?

if he has a much better retention vanish than giacomo bertini, the man that roth himself consider the best coin magician around (and from that video i can easily believe him: look at the changeovers he does!), he must be a heck of a coin guy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:07 pm 
born to perform.

Another video of my retention pass:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/discuss/vie ... 90#1209790