View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:48 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 19 Nov 2006
Posts: 2571
Ponta the Smith is fake.
He is using clever video editing and subtleties to make his "sleights" look real, but they are in fact fake.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:28 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 02 Jul 2006
Posts: 579
Location: schuylkill county, PA
girspiggy wrote:
Stop complaining, it looks pretty darn good. When I do it, I always have like a jerky movement for some reason.


that is weird i have the same thing happen to me, but most times i could avoid the "jerking" movement.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:05 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 13 Feb 2006
Posts: 1759
Location: Practicing in front of a mirror
daniel116 wrote:
Ponta the Smith is fake.
He is using clever video editing and subtleties to make his "sleights" look real, but they are in fact fake.


That's a pretty bold statement. How can you be so sure?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:04 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 27 Dec 2005
Posts: 2333
Location: turlock california
ayli wrote:
daniel116 wrote:
Ponta the Smith is fake.
He is using clever video editing and subtleties to make his "sleights" look real, but they are in fact fake.


That's a pretty bold statement. How can you be so sure?
i dunno uriel. sounds more like jealousy to me. And daniel if you're not 100% sure that is true (which i highly doubt it is) then that is slander so i would be careful making statements like that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:26 am 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 08 Nov 2008
Posts: 242
Location: Racine, WI
daniel116 wrote:
Ponta the Smith is fake.
He is using clever video editing and subtleties to make his "sleights" look real, but they are in fact fake.


I have to call bullsh!t on this one... there are too many solid routines for the majority to be fake. Can you seriously watch his Spellbound routine and dismiss his wicked chops as editing!?!? Even if his videos contain some editing, which I highly doubt, his timing and execution are flawless, as Connor pointed out.

~ Kyle


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:39 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 19 Nov 2006
Posts: 2571
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8Qe7bjgLJE
Watch his coin steal video, he put too many "bad subtleties" in order to make it look authentic, read my comments there.
It has happened before, even on these forums, people who put up videos of amazing "sleight of hand" which was actually just good video editing


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:47 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Posts: 550
Location: Sweden
I've never practiced this vanish, and I must say that you do it very well, but one general rule is that you should try to do it slowly and smoothly rather than quickly, the quick motions tend to look suspicious. hope that helps!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GRRRRRR Retention Vanish
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:59 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 06 Jan 2005
Posts: 476
Location: In some sweet limo, with a hot girl *wakes up and cries*
insomniac392 wrote:
2) When "putting" the coin in your left hand, keep your right index finger as motionless as possible...


This is very good advice. I would also recommend keeping t curled slightly like he does.

-Trix


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:50 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 27 Dec 2005
Posts: 2333
Location: turlock california
daniel116 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8Qe7bjgLJE
Watch his coin steal video, he put too many "bad subtleties" in order to make it look authentic, read my comments there.
It has happened before, even on these forums, people who put up videos of amazing "sleight of hand" which was actually just good video editing
dude im sorry, but you're talking way out of turn. That was real. All of your conspiracy theory, editing bull isn't founded by anything other than your lack of experience and bad perception. You say he steal the coin from way far away but thats not true you're depth perception must be off. And you also say that there is no finger movement in the transfer from mutobe to finger palm. Also wrong, I have no idea how you can say that. His fingers clearly curl in to get the coin. I don't know what you have against that guy but all of his stuff is legit. And just because you can't duplicate it doesn't make it impossible.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:34 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 19 Nov 2006
Posts: 2571
He does move his fingers but not nearly enough as it would take to actually do what he does.
I don't care about not being as good as him (though I believe his fake), there are hundreds of magicians out there that I love watching because they are WAY better than I'll probably ever be and I don't try to call them out because they're not using video editing


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:31 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 18 Aug 2004
Posts: 2576
Location: Ituna, Saskatchewan, Canada
daniel116 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8Qe7bjgLJE
Watch his coin steal video, he put too many "bad subtleties" in order to make it look authentic, read my comments there.
It has happened before, even on these forums, people who put up videos of amazing "sleight of hand" which was actually just good video editing



I don't see any editing here. Just four very smoothly executed classic coin sleights.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:02 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 05 Apr 2009
Posts: 107
vforvendetta, who is your teacher?

if he has a much better retention vanish than giacomo bertini, the man that roth himself consider the best coin magician around (and from that video i can easily believe him: look at the changeovers he does!), he must be a heck of a coin guy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:07 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 19 Nov 2006
Posts: 2571
Another video of my retention pass:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/discuss/vie ... 90#1209790


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2009 Penguin Magic, Inc.